{ 10 }

jaemins eyes were trained on the small red petal on the ground by my feet

"yoonhye. what's going on" i panicked and said the first thing that came to mind

"seungmin and i were playing truth or dare earlier and he dared me to eat flower petals, one got stuck in my throat though. thank god it's out now" i chuckled lightly

"oh okay. i thought maybe you had, ya know" i let out a short sigh of relief. thank god that boy is dense. i mentally high fived myself for being able to think of that on the spot.

"let's finish these nachos then shall we" i said changing the subject, he nodded and helped me grate cheese.

when we were done we walked back into the living room with 3 trays of nachos. i placed a bunch of water bottles and sodas on the table beside them for everyone to drink.

"oh right, seungmin why on earth would you dare yoonhye to eat a floor petal. it got stuck in her throat and she finally got it out a while ago" jaemin crossed his arms looking at seungmin weird.

eunjo and haechan both choked on their drinks, surprised by both how jaemin couldnt catch on and how believable i made my lie. i shot glares at seungmin for him to play along.

"it seemed like itd be funny i don't know" he shrugged and awkwardly sipped his drink again.

¤

time passed fairly quickly and it was soon 1am. we all had lectures in the afternoon tomorrow anyways so it wasn't like we needed go get up early.

"you guys should just spend the night. I'll be the first to turn in" i stood up and made my way to my room, signaling eunjo to follow me.

when we were in my room i closed the door and sighed, still holding back the petals.

"nice lie btw" i chuckled and clutched onto my chest.

"can you distract all of them so they won't hear me coughing up my organs. i can't hold it in any longer" she gave me a sad smile, but nodded and walked out of the room.

"IM GOING TO BLAST MUSIC TILL WE ALL PASS OUT" i then could hear call me baby by exo playing very loudly followed by stomps. hyunjin and haechan are probably having a dance battle.

my throat tightened and i began coughing up everything i had been holding in. my eyes shut, trying to bare the pain i was feeling.

after another minute or so i finally stopped and groaned fairly loudly, falling back onto my bed. when i regained some strength and my breath i sat up to see a pool of petals surrounding my bed.

the red petals were mixed in with some blue, white and yellow petals. i smiled at how pretty it looked but my expression dropped when i remembered they came out of me, i coughed them up.

soon i was hit with another cough attack, unfortunately the song had just ended meaning the others could probably hear me.

more petals fell onto my bed and in my hands but they were accompanied by something else.

my own blood soaked the fresh petals that have just fallen. my eyes widened, beginning to tear up.

unknown to me, the next song still hadn't started and everyone was shuffling in the direction of my door. 3 pairs of footsteps seemed to be quicker than others and they stopped them all. i could make out the faint whispers from the door.

"come on we should check on her"
"NO"
"why not?"
"she's not feeling well we shouldn't bother her"
"i still think we should check on her"

i could hear someone picking up eunjo due to the squeal and her voice repeating "put me down" over and over again. i froze, the petals still in my hands and surrounding me all over the ground. the doorknob turned slowly

"hey yoonhye are you oka-"

damn they should've just let her rest and listened to eunjo smh