Chapter 2

------------------> LADY ROSIER SNIFFED LIGHTLY as she looked at her daughter who sat across from her at the dining table during breakfast

------------------> LADY ROSIER SNIFFED LIGHTLY as she looked at her daughter who sat across from her at the dining table during breakfast. "I can't believe it, you're all grown up!" She cried. "Look at you getting all ready for Hogwarts tomorrow! By the time I know it, you'll be getting married and giving me grandchildren and-"

"Mum!" Cordelia cut in, face flushed. "I'm still young. I'm just eleven!" 

"Exactly!" Lady Rosier exclaimed. "You're already eleven! It seems like it was just yesterday when I pushed you out of my body..." She mused.

Cordelia flushed deeper and made a face at that. "Mum! That's gross."

"You're telling me." Lady Rosier huffed. "At least you weren't the one doing the pushing. The things I've seen..." She mock-shuddered. "Complete horrors, I'm telling you. Anyway, speaking of which, have I given you the talk yet dear?"

"Mum!" Cordelia's face could have been easily mistaken for that of a tomatoes. 

Lord Rosier and Evan chuckled. Cordelia glared at them. They chuckled louder.

Lord Rosier decided to take pity on his daughter. "I think Lia's daily embarrassment section has just been filled up dear..." he said, amused.

Lady Rosier scoffed. "Don't be silly, love. I'm her mother, I can never embarrass her enough." 

"That's it. I'm gone. I'm moving out. I'll stay with the Blacks." Cordelia mumbled with determination shining in her face.

"A Lady doesn't mumble, Cordelia." Lady Rosier corrected offhandedly. "Now you haven't answered my question yet. Have I given you a-"

Cordelia gave her older brother and father a pleading look. 

"So Delia, are you excited to go to Slytherin?" Evan asked deciding to help her out, being all too familiar with their mother's talent for humiliating them.

"Um," Cordelia hesitated. "I don't think I'll be going to Slytherin, actually." She said, trying to keep her voice casual.

The occupants of the breakfast table froze. 

Lord Rosier raised an eyebrow. "Oh?" He leaned forward. "And why would you say that Cordelia Rosier?" 

Cordelia met her father's eyes. "It's not like that, father."

"Than pray tell me, why would you say such a foolish statement?" Lord Rosier asked softly with a tinge of coldness in his voice. "You are going to Slytherin, and that is final. If for some odd reason  you fail to do so, then Ravenclaw is the only other acceptable option. But Slytherin is where you belong." 

Cordelia pursed her lips. "I thought you would understand." She said in a whisper.

"Understand what?" Lord Rosier mocked. "Your desire to be a blood traitor?" He sneered.