𝐗𝐕𝐈. THE DEATH OF ARAGOG

Start from the beginning

"Glad that's settled," Harry breathed. "Tonight."

I glared at him one last time, then turned and went back into the Great Hall.

After classes were finished and the sun was near setting, I made my way to the Gryffindor common room, where Ron let me in.

Harry and Hermione were sitting by the window, looking at Harry's tiny vial of liquid luck. I looked at it and then glared up at him.

"You'll be damn lucky if I don't murder you while we're alone," I said through gritted teeth, then snatched the bottle from him. "Bottom's up."

I raised the vial to my mouth and drank half of it, then handed Harry the other half. It was sweet and didn't take any effects at first. Then a warm feeling spread all over my body.

Hermione and Ron eyes us closely. "Well? How do you feel?" Hermione asked.

"Excellent," Harry said at the same time I said "Brilliant." Harry and I stood, Ron and Hermione doing the same.

"Remember, Slughorn usually eats early, takes a walk, and then returns to his office," Hermione reminded us.

"Right. I'm going down to Hagrid's," Harry grinned, then turned to me. "How do you feel about going to Hagrid's."

Even though it was far from the plan we'd created, it felt like a great idea to me. "I feel great about that!" I grinned.

"What?" Hermione exclaimed as her and Ron followed Harry and I to the portrait. "No, guys, you have to talk to Slughorn! We have a plan."

"I know, but I've got a really good feeling," Harry told them.

"Yeah, me too. I feel like it's the place to be tonight," I nodded enthusiastically, Harry smiling at me.

We both looked at Ron and Hermione and said, "D'you know what we mean?"

The two shared a worried look, then looked back at us, and said, "No."

"Trust, us we know what we're doing," Harry reassured them as we turned back to the portrait.

"And if we don't, Felix does!" I winked, and then followed Harry out.

We walked out of the castle easily; luckily Filch had managed to forget to lock the doors that night. With another stroke of luck, we didn't bump into anyone on the way either, making our path down to Hagrid's clear and simply.

"Harry," I stopped. "What do you say we take the long way? Through the greenhouses?" I didn't know why, but it seemed like a good idea.

"I say we do it," Harry nodded. I laughed a little, knowing how dumb we must look to someone passing by.

So, we walked down the the greenhouses. Slughorn was outside one of them, his head poking through an open window into the greenhouse. Harry and I walked by, then turned and stood right next to him as he clipped part of the plant.

He turned and let out a cry of surprise when he turned and saw us standing there. Harry and I laughed.

"Sorry, sir," Harry grinned. "You probably feared we were Professor Sprout."

"I did, actually," Slughorn confessed. "What made you think?"

"Professor, we've done loads of sneaking around," I waved my hand. "We recognize someone not doing what they're supposed to when we see it."

"Personally these plants always freaked me out. Mmm," Harry frowned, changing the subject. Then, he and I turned, and continued on our trek to Hagrid's.