𝐈𝐈. DARK DIAGON ALLEY

CHAPTER TWODARK DIAGON ALLEY

CHAPTER TWO
DARK DIAGON ALLEY

§ § §

"Couldn't have dropped us a little closer, I suppose?" I groaned as I lifted my feet out of the muddy pond that was in the middle of the tall grass a good ways away from the Burrow itself.

"Gotta love Dumbledore," Harry sighed as we waded through the water and made our way to the house.

"You haven't seen him, have you?" We heard Ginny ask, looking up at the staircase as we entered through the kitchen door. "Apparently he's wandering around the house."

"Really?" Hermione's voice called down.

"Really!" Harry exclaimed. Ginny hurried into the kitchen where she crushed Harry with a hug. She pulled away, and the held eye contact for a moment before Hermione came running down the stairs.

I raised my eyebrows, looking between my brother and Ginny as Hermione hugged Harry tightly. Ron and Mrs. Weasley hugged him as well.

"What a lovely surprise!" Mrs. Weasley laughed as she hugged him. "Why didn't you let us know you were coming?"

"I didn't know," Harry told her, and she looked at me.

I simply shrugged and said, "Dumbledore."

"Oh, that man!" She nodded in understanding. "Well then what would we do without him?"

I had looked over at Ron and Hermione. Ron reached a hand up to Hermione's face but quickly pulled it back when he saw everyone looking. "You've got a bit of... toothpaste..."

Shaking my head, I sighed, really wishing they would just get together already. And by the look on Harry, Ginny, and Mrs. Weasley's faces, I knew they all felt the same.

Later on, I sat with Harry, Hermione, and Ron around a small, floating, burning newspaper in Ron's room as we all talked.

"When did you get here?" Harry asked Hermione.

"Few days ago," She told him before glancing at Ron and I. "Though, for a while, I wasn't sure I was coming."

"Mum sort of lost it last week," Ron told Harry. "Said Ginny, Giovanna, and I had no business going back to Hogwarts. That it's too dangerous."

"In which I proceeded to tell her she wasn't my mother and she couldn't make me do anything," I said, wincing at the memories of her yelling at me. "And then she got even angrier and said she was as good as, not to mention, my legal guardian."

"Plus, that's ridiculous!" Harry exclaimed.

"She's not alone," Hermione pointed out. "Even my parents, and they're muggles, know something bad's happening."

"Anyway," Ron sighed. "Dad stepped in, told her she was being barmy and... took a few days, but she came around."

"This is Hogwarts we're talking about. It's Dumbledore- what could be safer?" Harry asked, looking at each of us in turn.