Chapter Fifty Four

Start from the beginning

"Hello, 911 what's your-"

"Hello, im Oscar h-harris and my fa-father is a-about to k-k-kill me."

"Ok sweetie, whats your address?" I immediately tell her my address, while he still stumbles around down stairs.

"Ok oscar, is there anywhere you can hide?"

"I-i-i i dont t-think so. I c-can try running into t-the woods?"

"Ok sweetie, you do that. Officers are on their way. Do you have any family close by i can contact for you?"

"Amy d-daniels, she l-lives at 13 fo-forever street."

I hear a loud bang and hear him begin to climb the stairs. "I KNEW YOUD RETURN YOU BASTARD" i quickly slam my door closed, not expecting it to creat such a loud noise.

"I have t-to go, p-please hurry." And with that i hang up.

He begins to barge against the door, the only thing stopping him is my small body.

"P-PLEASE. DONT H-HURT ME." He laughs viciously and walks away. I quickly stumble toward the window and begin to pull at the weak wooden pannels.

One by one each one breaks away until a small gap opens for me.

I go to leave but am quickly dragged to the floor. I open my eyes slowly to see him pointing a gun at me, his whole body shaking.

"YOU MADE MY LIFE HELL. YOU'RE THE WORST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO ME I HATE YOU." He continues to scream at me and begins to kick me as hard as he can.

He then begins to slam the gun against my body, bruising me from head to toe.

But he doesnt kill me, hes never killed me. "This time, im taking you as far away as possible. You will never escape or see the lights of day again."

I sit up as he paces around the room, as though looking for something. "W-why wont you j-just kill me al-al-already!" He stares at me, confusion and shock overwhelming him.

Thats the first time ive spoken back to him.

We stare at each other, as if the reality of being father and son has finally settled upon us, as though we only just realise we saw each other as nothing but strangers for the past few years.

His breathing begins to quicken before he inhales the last half of the liquor remaining in his bottle. I wince as i see the monster inside of him begin to rise once again. I cant go through that again. I just cant. I look around frantically before kicking him in the leg causing him to collapse.

i jump up and grab my bag and run towards the window. I quickly jump through and fall onto the floor.

I wince in pain but get up and begin to sprint.

I cant let him catch me. "IM GONNA FUCKING KILL YOU." i turn around to see him not far behind. This is it.

He's actually gonna kill me, he didn't manage to do so last time but no doubt he will now.

I begin to sprint into the dark forest, an overwhelming sense of fear taking over.

I cant go through this again. I frantically look around, not wanting to fall like last time.

I look ahead into the pitch black forest and feel my heart drop. Just do it oscar, dont stop.

I hold my breath and run, not taking in any of the stress. The second i enter the dark forest i feel a sense of deja vu, of all the times i sprinted through this dark forest to escape the nightmare behind. All the cold nights i ran around the town to avoid him.