Chapter Fifty Four

Start from the beginning

"Barely noticed." I groan and sit opposite him.

"I hate you."

He smirks while taking a sip.

"You love me." I sigh and turn away. I guess hes right.

                                        ~~~

Play music

Oscars pov (after work)

I cautiously walk down the street towards a place i hoped id never have to return to.

I left valuable things behind, things that mean the world to me such as a colourful stuffed animal my grandmother gave to me when i was young. I've had it my whole life, dont judge me it's one of the small things that comforts me.

Lizzie has drove past here everyday to see if he's returned and said she never sees any sign of life.

I stand outside the tall building and stare. It was once a home to a happy family, but now is a shell of its former self. It doesn't look run down, but its no longer a home, just a boring old building.

I slowly walk towards the door and before opening it, take a moment to consider if i really want to do this.

I sigh and close my eyes before unlocking the door. As soon as i step in, its as if every horrible memory made in this house comes flooding back to me.

It feels as if the world is spinning around me, my fears, my trauma and my nightmares all coming crashing back to me.

I'll never forgot. I'll never be able to move on or cover these nightmares that exist in my life.

In reality this will always be a part of me.

I grab the kitchen counter to try and bring myself together, my dizziness and shakiness doesnt fade.

I take a deep breath and sigh while look around my former home. Nothings changed. Its as if it was still February. Glass and alcohol bottles everywhere, cigarettes littering different areas.

This was my normal. And as horrible as it looks, this was my home. I feel a sense of welcoming as I stand in the middle of the open room.

As though this is where I truly belong, stuck in this reality.

I begin to make my way upstairs, not wanting to spend anymore time in one area. The house is almost silent, the only sound is my heavy breathing and the creaking floorboards beneath me.

I gently push my bedroom door open and the nights of pain and fear plays out in my mind. I stare at the now bordered up window and sigh.

I walk over to my bed and lift the floorboard under it slightly. I smile gently as i see the $867.24 i had saved. Thats from years of working, well, the money i got to keep atleast.

The majority of my money went to liquor, cigarettes and food for him.

I begin to pack up other items until everything i owned is in my bag. I dont own much. I only had 2-3 outfits and a few personal belongings that i hid from him.

Suddenly i hear a car come to a screeching stop.

Oh god please no.

I hear a car door close and listen before i hear the voice.

The voice i dreaded to hear.

(Tw/abuse)

"GET OUT HERE YOU FAGGOT."I hear him start to roam around down stairs and i quickly call 911.