10: Awkward First Time📮

Start from the beginning

I do really love the idea of my mother trying to prove to me that she's really trying to change, but on my opinion I think she might be rushing things.

There was another knock on the door and I quickly checked the time on the wall clock, it was exactly 18:15.

My little brother James went and opened the door. We heard a laugh follow by a huge gasp before James came in followed by Langa.

"Mom, Dad, look at what Langa got me" James said running in with a remote controlled plane.

"Welcome Langa, thanks for the gift" my mother said walking towards him and giving him a friendly hug.

My dad shook his hand and gave him a small pat on his back.

"Ada" he acknowledged me with a small smile on his face. I refrained from hugging him because it was going to give my parents the wrong impression.

"Sit down Langa, we're waiting for one more guest" my father said directing him towards the couch where a soccer match was playing. A few minutes later, laughter was heard.

At exactly 18:32, Charmaine walked in wearing the dress I bought for her at Cotton On carrying a bunch of lilies.

I hugged her as my mother thanked her for the flowers.

"I missed you" I said speaking into the hug.

"I missed you more"

"Come on girls, the pizza will get cold" Dad said ushering us both towards the living room.

James, Charmaine and I chose to sit on the floor on top of bean bags and we watched a nice family movie: Stuart Little.

After we were done eating in the dining room, Langa helped me clear up the pizza boxes and the glasses on the table.

We made our way to the kitchen and he pushed me towards a corner.

"You look beautiful today" he said running his hand on my box braids.

I looked down and he held my head up using his free hand, placing it under my chin.

"May I?" I looked into his dark eyes. This could ruin everything. It was a risk I was willing to take. My heart started beating quickly and I couldn't feel my body anymore.

I slowly nodded and I felt his lips brush against mine instantly. I froze at first but I slowly adjusted and followed his rythmn. I didn't want to open my eyes just yet. I felt him pull away and I slowly opened my eyes and looked at him.

I gave him a part of me I have never gave anyone else before. Its definetly not how I imagined it but I enjoyed it. I looked into his dark brown eyes and I bit my lips.

It felt like someone shocked me with enough electricity to light up a city, in a more satisfying manner

He ran his thumb over my lips and gave me one last peck.

I watched him pull away and throw the pizza boxes in the trash can. He headed towards the dining room without saying a single word to me. He acted as if nothing happened.

I walked back in to the dining room and wiped my sweaty hands on my white off the shoulder top.

I leaned against the wall as I watched my family and my two friends laughing at something my dad said.

I'm afraid if I sat next to Charmaine, she would be able to tell that something is wrong with me so instead I sat on the empty space besides my dad and rested my head on his shoulder.

This is about to become a long night.

"Oh and Ada, you and your friends can pull an all-nighter. That's the suprise. I set up a bed for Langa in the spare room"

Oh no, please no.

"Thank you very much Mrs Launter,but I got a text from my dad saying he needs me back home" Langa said as he looked at me with a straight face.

What just happened?

♡♡♡
Guess who hasn't updated in a while cause they've been experiencing writers block?

You got that right, me.

The official cast for my story is up. Go check it out right at the beginning of the book. Titled "CAST" of course.

Hope it's some people you're familiar with. I tried to make this book an All-South African cast but heyyy...😅 why not throw in an British dzadzy (Asa Butterfield)

Thanks a lot for 1,21k reads. I almost stopped writing this book because I honestly ran out of ideas now seeing people actually reading it gave me some inspiration to carry on writing.

That's a long authors note. Damn. Stay safe 😊

Oh and please vote if you enjoyed this chapter