Chapter 1- Is that..?

Harry POV

I took out my phone, checking to see if I had any messages. I sighed as I saw that the screen was blank and all there was was a picture of my childhood past. Charlie and I. Gosh I haven’t seen her in over 2 years. I shoot her a text every once in a while but I’m dying to see her. I don’t think she notices how bad I miss her, though. She was my best friend! We started to drift apart as One Direction got bigger, but my feelings never changed. I didn’t have feelings feelings if you know what I mean towards her, but it was more like a brother sister relationship. Realizing that I had about two hours until the show, I figure, why not call her. I pulled up her contact and pressed on her number, holding the phone to my ear. 

After two rings the phone clicked and her voice rung through my ears. 

“Haz?” She rejoiced. I didn’t answer, just taking in her beautiful voice that I haven’t heard in a month or so. “Hellooooo” She sung into the phone. 

“Oh hey Char!” I said, clearing my throat to take out the obvious excitement. 

“Whats up?” She said. 

“Nothing, just miss you”

“Awwwwww, I miss you too! We should get together soon! When are you coming back home?” She asked. 

“Not sure, but you’ll be the first one to know when I do! So what’s up with you? Any boys?”  

“Mhmm! Ugh Harry, he’s so sweet and so hot!” She said. 

“Charlie…. With a boyfriend… saying a boy is hot besides me!? What is this?” I chuckled leaning back on the couch. 

“Oh shush! I hear you’ve gotten a good catch lately” She joked. 

“Babe, I’ve got girls drooling over posters of me”

“Good Ol Harry, always thinking he’s a sex god”

“that I am, that I am”

About an hour later I was instructed to hang up and get on stage. 

“Listen, Charlie, I have to go.” I said sadly. 

“AWWWW Haz! Ok, have a good show! Love you!” She said through the phone. 

“Love you too! Speak soon?”

“Defoo!” I chuckled before saying bye and hanging up. 

“Who were you talking to with those lovey dovey eyes?” Zayn said as all the boys crowded around me. 

“Just Charlie” I shrugged, not being able to keep the smile off my face. They all raised an eyebrow at me and I didn’t hesitate to snap at them. “I told you! I don’t like her like that! She’s practically my sister! Plus she has a boyfriend!” 

“Harry, she’s been the background on your phone since we were formed and whenever her name is brought up your smile is the size of your face!” Louis said. I groaned, giving up. They can think whatever they want, but I know that my love for Charlie is nothing more than a brother sister relationship. 

Charlie POV

“Ugh I’m so nervous!” I groaned. 

“Oh god, Char…. It’s Harry for gods sakes! You’re best friend!”

“Our” I corrected Skye. It was always Harry, Skye, Noah and I. We were inseparable for all of school. Noah and Skye were able to see Harry quite often because of their easy schedule. They went to college in London and were free whenever Harry was home. But the thing was, Harry and I had a relationship that no one could understand. Not our moms, not our friends, truth be told, I didn’t even understand it. It was like Harry was another piece of me, able to hear my thoughts, able to know how I feel, able to see through my eyes. We got each other, and that’s what made our friendship so special. As we found our seats, I went back to all those days where Harry and I would sneak out of our houses and go to the stream just in our backyards, talking about everything and nothing. When we would go out, just us two, we would be complimented on how cute of a couple we were. We would share a laugh and admit we were just friends. If Harry and I dated, to be honest, it would be the perfect relationship, but that fear of one thing going wrong would ruin everything that we had. Plus I looked at Harry with nothing more than brotherly love.

We took our seats in the arena of screaming girls. Some our age, others 3, I saw some moms in the mix too. Weird how just two years ago we would probably be studying for a Chemistry test. I was nervous if Harry would recognize me or not. There was the obvious evidence that I was sitting with our best friends, but I looked nothing like how I looked 2 years ago. 

A clip of the boys came on the screen, each one with their likes and dislikes. The music was blasting and the crowd was roaring in screams. 

“Here they come!” Skye squealed. I nodded and intently watched the stage as my best friend and his band mates came on. 

Harry POV

Nothing new, just a bunch of girls screaming for me and four of my best friends. It wasn’t even like I was thinking while singing because of the amount of times I’ve done this. It just becomes repetitive and second nature. I scanned the crowd catching a few pretty girls, a couple of awkward moms and a handful of young kids sitting on their dads shoulders. 

I don’t care if I’m 18, I couldn’t wait for the moment when I had kids of my own. It was something that’ve always dreamed about. To get married and have a family. Something that I’m sure I’m the only one who remembers is, Charlie and I had promised each other we would get married. I know, typical thing to do with your best friend at the age of like 5, but it stuck to me for so long. For a while I would wait for the day that I woke up married to Charlie. 

I came across something, rather someone, actually 2 people that caught my eye. Skye and Noah. Why didn’t they tell me they were here? Trying to focus back on the concert I gave them a quick wave before returning to the song. They smiled at me, while dancing to the music. After a couple more songs we headed backstage to get changed. I called Skye, asking why she didn’t tell me they were here. 

“Hello?” I heard her scream over the chaos in the arena. 

“Why didn’t you tell me you were here?” 

“Harry, I can’t here you!” She shouted. 

“Why did you-” The call was lost and I was called back on stage. 

When I got out, I made eye contact with Skye. She gave me a “What?” look and I just shook my head. I looked over at Noah who was talking to a girl. Her hair was long, blonde, and curled. Her body was thin and lengthy. I brought my gaze up to her face as I sang Up All Night with the lads. 

The girl looked up, meeting my gaze.

She looked so- She was- Was that- Oh my god- I just…. Charlie.