Chapter Four - Boggarts

"You are not my son!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello class, today we will be brewing a a wiggenweld potion. Can anybody tell me it's effects?" Professor Severus Snape greeted as he walked into the potions classroom. You hesitantly raised your hand, you knew the answer but you didn't like talking. A girl in Griffindor, shot her hand up aswell.

"Granger." Severus said as he took his position at the front.

"Wiggenweld potion is a healing potion, it heals injuries and replenishes stamina." She smiled as she put her hand down. You knew that there was more to it so you put your hand up fully.

"Correct but you left something out, ahh, Mr. Shine?" Snape turned to you. You cleared your throat as your hair turned pale orange.

"Umm.. it is also an antidote for sleeping potions.." You said quietly. 

"Correct." The Granger girl seemed a bit put out at that, you could feel her eyes on you. Some whispers were heard but you kept your eyes on the floor, trying to turn invisible.

Hermionie's P.O.V

Shine.. where have I heard that name before... He's definitely new, and he knows more than I do, he seems interesting enough.

I looked over at him and I could have sworn his hair was grey before, now it's orange?! I sigh and look back at the desk.

"Now get your ingredients." Snape said in is boring slow voice. Wiggenweld potion isn't easy.

======

Class is nearly over and I'm only half way done! Harry, being Harry, was chatting with Ronald the entire lesson and so he got distracted. I look over at Shine and he finished ages ago.

"Snape seems pleased with the new guy." Harry whispered to me.

"I know, I don't even know his name and I'm impressed with him... Seriously, how'd he finish so fast..." I sigh as i look at my cauldron.

"Dunno. Maybe he's Snape's son or something." Just then Snape hit him over the head with a book.

"Quiet Potter." He hissed and walked away. All 3 of us watched to make sure he was out of earshot.

"Wasn't he with Snape in Diagon Ally a week ago?" Ron asked me. Then I remembered, that was him, he was Snape's nephew!

"Guys that's it! he's Snape's nephew! He got kicked out of his house in France, I read it in the Daily Prophet!" I gasped and looked back over at him, his hair now light yellow. Odd.

"Really?!" Harry and Ron both whispered in unison. I nodded and looked back at them.

"I want to make friends with him."

++++++++++

Author's P.O.V

You hurried off to your next class, Defense Against the Dark Arts. It was all houses and you hoped to see Draco again. You hurried into the classroom and all that was there were some other students and a closet. The closet part confused you.

"Hey Y/n." You turn around to see Draco Malfoy smiling down at you. 

"Hiya Draco." You smiled back and looked up. He was quite a but taller than you, at 5"7, while you were only 5"3.

"You're really short," He chuckled. "You know that right?" You laughed softly aswell.

"Yeah, my father was a half goblin, quite odd actually. My brother got de ma mere height." You chuckled and looked at the ground, your hair turning pale blue, then deep red as you though about your wicked mother. You looked back up at Draco and he was looking at you confused.

"Two questions. One, what is deh mah meir?" You chuckled as he failed at pronouncing french, bringing some pale yellow to the tips of your hair.

"De ma mere, it means my mother's." You smiled. He nodded and shifted his weight.

"Two, why is your hair angry." He chuckled and you smiled.

"My mother was a wicked person, and evil little-" Your hair started smoking as you were cut off by the teacher. Draco pat your head frantically to stop it from smoking and you just shook your head.

"Hello everybody, I am Professor Lupin. Intruiging isn't it." He nodded towards the cabinet and it rattled. Your hair turned bright orange.

"That's a  boggart that is!" You turn around to see a Griffindor boy nod toward the cabinet.

"Very good Mr Thomas. Now can anyone tell me what a boggart looks like?" 

"N-No one knows." You answered, causing everyone to look at you and your now pale orange hair. "Boggarts are sh-shape shifters." You stutter out, getting quieter by the second. "Thay take the shape of what the person fears most. That's what m-makes them s-so-"

"Terrifying, yes yes. Luckily a simple charm exists to repel a boggart. Let's practice now.. without wands please." Lupin says as he walks infron of you, finaly stopping infront of a record player. "Riddikulus" He said loudly and everyone reapeated. "Very good, a little louder and very clear."

"Riddikulus!" Everyone nearly shouted.

"This class is ridiculous." Draco mumbled next to you.

"Very good!" Lupin exclaimed either not hearing, or ignoring Draco's comment. "So much for the easy part. You see, the incantation alone is not enough.What really finishes a boggart is laughter.You need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing.Let me explain. Neville, would you join me, please?...Come on, don't be shy. Come on." Neville quietly shuffled up to professor Lupin. "Hello. Neville, what frightens you most of all?"

"Pofefor smaphe" He mumbled quietly.

"Sorry?"

"Professor Snape" This time you chuckled a bit. 

"Professor Snape.. Yes, frightens us all." Lupin responded, a weak smile on his face.

"Uncle Severus isn't that scary." You mumbled, mostly to yourself but Draco heard you.

"Did you say Uncle Severus?" He whispered. You turned to him and nodded.

"Yeah. He's my Uncle." You chuckled as he had a look of pure shock on his face and you turned back to the front, just in time to see Severus Snape in a dress with a red handbag. You burst out laughing, although your laugh was quiet. The rest of the class laughed too.

"Wonderful, alright Neville, to the back, everyone form a line." Lupin exclaimed as he placed the needle on the record, and some old music started playing, you walked up and ended up being third in line, not on purpose.

"I want everyone to think of the thing you fear most." Many things crossed your mind. Crowds, rejection, people finding out- your mother... that was what you feared most. Your hair turned dark orange and you quivered.You looked up and there was a spider on roller-skates. You chuckled and then the next person was up. A snake turned into a jack-in-the-box and then it was your turn.

"Y/n, come on." Lupin smiled and beckoned you forward. You gulped and stepped forward, your hair turning dark orange as your mother appeared, kindly looking, but you knew what was going to happen. Her eyes landed on you and she shrieked. She walked towards you and raised her hand. You were frozen. 

"Vous me décevez. Tu n'es pas un homme!" She screeched. (You disappoint me. You are not a man!) Her hand came down and there was an audible hit. You started to cry and she looked at you in discust. "You are not my son!" She spat the only 5 words she knew in english.

"Ri-Ri-Riddikul-lus" You managed to stutter out but her hand raised again. The entire class was staring in shock. You ran out of the classroom, sobbing, and found your way to the lake.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N: Heyo, look i know that the boggart lesson is after the care of magical creatures lesson but i just changed it around for the line of this story. sorryyyyyy.

Thank you for reading!

Byeee~)