Chapter Three - Draco Malfoy

"There you are Ms. Lovegood, and I see you made friends with Mr Shine."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking down your hair turned a deep grey, but white at the ends, Who was that? And why was he looking at me? You Look back up to see him still staring at you. Once your eyes meet he quickly looks away.

"That's Draco Malfoy." Luna's soft voice startled you enough for your hair to turn orange before turning light purple. "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you."

"I-It's okay Luna," You replied, keeping your voice quiet, "W-Who's D-Draco Malfoy?"

"That boy you were looking at, he's in your year... He seemed to be staring at you too." She smiled. You nodded and looked back over at him, to find him not there.

"Haven't seen you around before? You new, rainbow hair?" Your hair turned orange as he sat down beside you, Cursed charm, there was no anti-charm, now I'm bloody stuck with it. You nodded your head and glanced at Luna.

"Hello Draco, nice to see you around." She smiled softly at him and he nodded.

"You going to introduce yourself?" He asked you, staring at your hair as it changed through grey  to white to pale pink to pale purple.

"Y-Yes, s-sorry- my name's Y-Y/n..." You mumbled quietly.

"Draco," He stuck out his hand, "Draco Malfoy," You shook his hand nervously as your hair turned pale orange. "What is with your hair? I've been watching it change for ages, yet I haven't seen a single trace of blue, red, yellow or green..."

"It's quite amazing isn't it?" Luna was also staring at you, "It's a simple charm, but annoyingly irreversible..." She turned to Malfoy. "The colours coincide with the emotions he's feeling, each shade a different meaning, it'd take a while to go through it all but there's a book in the library with the charm and it's affects." Draco nodded and got back up.

"Well, I'll see you then, walking rainbow." He chuckled and ruffled your hair, which made it turn dark pink, along with your cheeks. You flinched at his touch, instinct.

"He's quite nice actually." Luna smiled at you as he walked away. 

======

"It's a shame we aren't in any classes together, although, I'm sure you'll get along with the Griffindors just fine." Luna smiled at you as you walked towards the Ravenclaw common room.

"Th-Thanks Luna" You smiled at her as you watched the people in red robes rush past you. You both turned to walk up Ravenclaw tower, and came face to face with a girl with long straight black hair.

"Hello Cho." Luna smiled at the girl.

"Luna! I've been looking for you... Who's this?" She looked at you as you stared at the wall, not paying attention, your hair dark grey, almost black, quickly shifts to pale orange and pale purple as you hear your name from Luna.

"Oh, this is Y/n, He started today, but he's in your year." Luna explained to the girl standing infront of you as the other Ravenclaws tricked past up to the common room.

"Bring him too then, Professor Flitwick wanted to see you, comeon." She hurried away as you both followed after her.

"Professor Flitwick is the Ravenclaw house leader." Luna explained smiling at you as you both hurried after Cho.

++++++++++++

"There you are Ms. Lovegood, and I see you made friends with Mr Shine." She nodded as you looked down at the short teacher, your hair turning pale orange and dark purple.

"Hello Professor, Cho said you wanted me?" Luna asked him, not seeming phased my the teacher's stature. 

"Yes, yes. There are a few packages for you, and Mr Shine, here." He handed Luna three boxes stacked up and you a single box for you. "They came just after the feast." He smiled.

"Thank you professor." Luna smiled and started to walk off, Y/n scurrying behind her.

======

You sat on your bed in your dorm, your package infront of you. I wonder what's in there... Suddenly the door opens and a boy with bright red hair comes in, talking to another boy with light brown hair.

"Oh hello there!" The boy with red hair smiled at you and sat down on his bed. "I'm Terrence, Terrence Boot, but you can call me Terry. And this is-"

"Jake, Jake Green." He smiled at you. "Nice to meet you..."

"Y-Y/n" You answered with a smile, "Y-Y/n Shine."

"I guess you're in our year Y/n, nice to meet you." Terry smiled at you. "I like your accent, where's it from?"

"Oh, uhh F-France." You looked at your bed, your hair turning pale orange.

"Woah! Your hair just changed colour!" Jake exclaimed as he sat down on your bed. You nodded and moved your package out of the way.

"It did! Is that a spell or something?" Terrance asked looking up from his book. You nodded and your hair turned pale pink.

"It's irreversible though..." Terry chuckled and looked back down at his book before placing a book mark in and closing it. "It's getting late and classes start early, so we should get ready for bed" You nodded and grabbed your pajamas from your trunk. You walked towards the bathroom and Terry and Jake looked at each other and shrugged.

Once you were changed, you walked out and put your robes in your trunk.

"What have we got first?" You asked, surprisingly not stuttering.

"Uhh Potions with Professor Snape I think..." Terry replied, once again reading. You nodded and your hair turned pale yellow with excitement as you hid a small smile.

"You like potions or something?" Jake asked as he sat down on his bed. You nodded and shook your head.

"Yes and no- I do enjoy potions, not as a subject... I also know Professor Snape." You chuckled as thee boys looked at you bewildered. 

"How?!" Terry was, for once, looking up at you. 

"He's my uncle." You laughed. "We should get some sleep, I'm tired." Jake and Terry nodded as you sat down.

"Night guys." Jake said as he turned off the lights.

"Night." You and Terry said in unison.

++++++++

"Ewww! What are you doing here?!"

"Gross!"

"N-No.. w-wait.. im just-"

"Y/n? Are you okay?"  I whip around to see someone, I cant make out their face but I'd recognize that hair anywhere.

"Draco! Man am I glad to see you.." I embrace him in a tight hug. Tears streaming down my face.

"Shh, it's okay, no need to feel blue, I'm here now." He says in a calming voice, stroking my bright blue hair as it slowly turns pink. "There we go.."

You  wake up with a start, your face wet from tears.

"Hey Y/n, You were crying in your sleep, are you okay?" Jake was standing beside your bed. You nod and take a deep breath.

"Y-Yeah.. Just a dream.." You sigh and get up. "What time is it?"

"8 AM, time for breakfast." Terry answers, his nose in yet another book.

"R-Right, you guys go ahead, I'll meet you down there." They both nod and walk out, Terry nearly walking into the door frame. You chuckle, get up and changed and walk down to the common room. "Let's go?"