Chapter 12: Post-Sex Food

Start from the beginning

"That's up to you, now isn't it?"

Alec grinned, tilted his head, and learned toward my face. Second kiss of the year-let's hope this ends up well. I closed the distance and did what I did last time with Ian. It seemed alright then. It didn't seem completely horrible. Alec's was also sweet. I don't think anyone knew about my kiss with Ian, so he probably thought this was my first.

"I think that deal was sealed pretty well," Alec whispered, his forehead on mine.

"Then I guess we're good here."

"Bye Summers."

***

Tyler never texted me after that; it was probably a one time thing, to make fun of me, no doubt. Yeah, I was a little disappointed, but I'd get over it. He was just a guy. I have plenty of other guys after me. The only reason he intrigued me was because he wasn't making an effort, like he was playing hard to get. That was a smart strategy, I'd give him that.

"Hey kitten," Ian purred, slinging his arm over my shoulders. "What're you wearing on October 12th?"

"Why?"

"So my tie can match your dress, of course. We could go shopping together. Or we could have your dress custom made. Only the best for my Charlotte. I'll guarantee all the other girls will be dripping with jealousy."

"What makes you think that we're going together?"

He seemed stunned. "Who else would you be going with?"

"A certain baseball star named Alec Jennings."

"That's ridiculous. You're going with me."

"You don't own me, Ian."

"But we kissed!"

"I've kissed Alec, as well."

"You're cheating on me? I didn't know you had it in you."

I stopped and faced him. "I don't know if you know this, but we're not dating," I said, stressing the last two words.

"Of course we are."

"We're not going to homecoming together!"

"Fine, but you're meeting my parents then. That'll be your punishment."

My mouth was open to make a retort, but then shut. He wanted me to meet his parents? Was he joking? I don't think Ian's ever taken anyone home to meet his parents. That was a big deal. "Really?"

"Of course. They've been pestering me about you for weeks."

"Yeah," I agreed softly, "I'd love to meet your parents."

"Great, I'll set something up. I hope you like lasagna."

"I love lasagna."

"You know lasagna is great after-sex food," he mentioned casually.

"Too bad we're not having sex. And I certainly wouldn't do it before meeting your parents!"

"You feel bad about it? Well I wouldn't want you to feel bad. In fact, I can make you feel amazing."

"We're not going to sleep together, Ian."

"Oh, but technically we already slept together. The hot air balloon ride, remember?"

"You know what I mean!"

"Do I? Do I really?"

"Go away, Ian."

"Do you like cats?"

"What?"

"Do you like cats?"