Chapter 3: Boxers, Briefs, and Biology-Oh My!

Dedicated to Keller376 for winning the Luke Award in the one-shot competition. Trailer by rappingjdb. Banner by PrettyPinkPenguins.

TW: sexual assault

---

Chapter 3: Boxers, Briefs, and Biology-Oh My!

I squeezed my eyes shut and prayed that it would be over fast. Only, it never came. He didn't touch me. Relief flooded over me as I let out the breath that I was holding in. Only one though came to my mind at that instance.

I was still a virgin.

My clothes were tattered and ripped. It was too bad, because they were really cute. They'd be too revealing and super obvious if I went back out in the party like this. Although, people would be too drunk to even notice. I stuffed the remains of my outfit in the trashcan in the corner and wrapped a clean (at least I hope it was) beds sheet that I found in the closet around myself. Maybe I could pass it off as a toga or something.

I ran out the door, tripping on something-or someone-on my way out. I looked back and suppressed a scream. My rapist was on the ground, knocked out, with a bloody nose. Any sane and normal person would've left them there like that, but I couldn't just leave him there in that condition. I looked around for some sort of thing that I could use to soak the blood up with. I whipped the sheet of the bad, mentally apologized to Ian, and blotted it.

I was such an idiot. I'm helping my rapist. Maybe he had a change of heart and stopped? Doubt it; probably passed out from all the alcohol he had.

"What the hell are you still doing in here?"

That wasn't Luke's or Ian's voice. I slowly turned around and a tall guy with messy brown hair and blue eyes was glaring at me. He was well built and had good-sized muscles. He was wearing a leather jacket, a wife beater that showed off his perfectly taut chest, and a pair of worn jeans. A lit cigarette was in his hand.

"Tyler?"

"Congratulations, you know my name," he said sarcastically. "Why are you still here?"

"He had a bloody nose..."

I saw him roll his eyes. "You shouldn't be helping him. If you want to do something, then thank me. Why are you so stupid, Charlotte?"

He knew my name? He should; we've been going to school together since kindergarten. He was always that loner kid on the playground who didn't want to play with anyone.

"I couldn't just leave him," I protested. "He could die with loss of blood."

"Sure you could. He showed you no mercy, why should you show some to him?"

Tyler had a point. Why should I show him kindness? "Because I have a heart and compassion."

He scoffed. "But no brain. You're like the tin man from The Wizard of Oz."

"Actually, it's the scarecrow who has no brain," I corrected.

"Whatever. The point is, what if he gained consciousness and decided to finish off what he started? What if I wasn't here to save you again?"

He made a good point. "I-I don't know," I admitted. "But thank you."

"Don't thank me. I did this for my own selfish purposes."

I raised an eyebrow. "And that would be?"

"I wouldn't be able to take your virginity if he did."

Un-freaking-believable. Actually, no, that was believable. That is the kind of thing the Top Four did, and this guy was honest enough to admit it. And here I was, like a damsel in distress, thinking he actually cared and did what was right. Silly me. Maybe he was right; I didn't have any brains. I would have to ask Oz for one. I wonder if Dr. Oz and Oz from the Wizard of Oz are the same...hmm...