Chapter 24 - The Ice Cream Comfort

Everyone swallowed hardly as Mr. O'Reilly paced back and forth in the room. Everything felt uncomfortable, and being covered by food with damp clothes made everyone feel uneasy.

"Will somebody please tell me why you all look like clowns from a terrible birthday party." He folds his arms and gives everyone of us a straight face.

"Mr. O'Reilly if I may. These is all Bella's fault. She started it. I was minding my own business then she showed up and slapped me on the face." Jessica stops to look at me who was giving her a dead eye stare.

"And her crazy friend, Samantha was also involved. She was the one who started it all." She grinned at Sammy and Sammy mirrored my expression.

"Hah, you should've watched the words that keep slithering out your mouth. Because some of them really describe who you are." Sammy fired back with a smug smile and she gasped and feigned a hurtful look.

"Ms. Martinez, I'd appreciate it if you stop adding oil to the flame." Mr. O'Reilly says in a calm, yet serious and unhappy tone.

"Excuse me Mr. O'Reilly, if I could explain please." I pleaded, seeking his attention and he let me continue.

"She's right Jessica was the one who started all of these in the first place." I gave Jessica a side look as I spoke. She folds her hands and scoffed.

"Excuse me? Who slammed my lunch tray and threw the first arm? Mr. O'Reilly if you're forgetting, she was the one who slapped me for no good reason." She points at me accusingly and then turned to Samantha. "And she was the one who commenced the fight." After what she said she received all her friend's support who were grouped together on the other side of the room. Coach Melanie folds her arms and her eyes trailed over to us who were situated on the other side and Mr. O'Reilly follows her gaze also.

"Is this true Ms. Marino?" He asks, leaning against the table.

"Yes." I tell him looking straight at him and coach Melanie. Alexa and Jessica were smugly watching at us.

"But." I stopped them before they could say anything and they all gave me a raised eyebrow and I took that as a sign to continue.

"I did that because I had reasons and everyone sitting here," I motioned towards Sammy and the girls. "Are all innocent, they were only trying to help break it off." I looked at Felicity and she smiled at me. "But they got attacked for trying to stop the fight." I twisted my head to Alexa and Jessica's army who were shooting me the death glare and I pulled a face at them.

"Mr. O'Reilly- " Jessica gets cut off by Mr. O'Reilly who held a hand up, ceasing her.

"Thank you Ms. Marino that's the explanation I needed to hear, but what was the reason, that you had to start a fight?" He asked kindly and I swallowed before continuing.

Guess that little speech left me breathlessly sweating and nervous. I've never been in this situation before and this was my first time.

I was about to say something when there was a knock on the front door and coach Melanie answered it only to find Lorrie standing patiently on the other side with her head hanging.

"Sorry honey the principal's dealing with an issue right now come back another time." Coach Melanie was about to close the door when she stopped her.

"Wait! I'm here because of the accident." She sighed. "I can explain everything. This happened because of me." Her head was still hanging when she walked into the crowded office. Jessica looked like she had seen the ghost of her past and all her little party were unhappily muttering and sending Lorrie ugly looks.