Chapter 5

A few weeks after Amy's birthday

Amy finally found out the truth. I could tell that she knew. Last time Amy had found out that she had terminal cancer on her birthday.

Amy looks very different now. This is what happened last time too. She pretended to be okay. She didn't have anyone to lean on except her parents but this time we'll be there for her.

I wondered why we were sent back in time but slowly things have started making sense to me.

Sierra, Isaac and I have changed a little since the time we came back.

My choices changed, our choices changed and I know as we grow some choices will keep changing and some will remain just the same.

*

2 months before graduation

I stand near where she lay, looking free and calm. Lucas holds my hand tightly in his, I feel the pain inside of me rising again. I take a glance towards Sierra, Jake standing behind her, and notice that her eyes reflect the same emotions I am feeling.

Isaac seems to be taking the news better than last time, but I know that no matter how expected it was, her death still hurts just the same.

I can't imagine what her parents might be going through. Her mother is looking very pale, with tears streaming down her cheeks and her father tries to remain strong for her mother but his eyes show the same hurt her mother is going through.

Everyone is mourning in their own way.

'There is nothing more painful than the untimely death of someone young and dear to the heart. The harrowing grief surges from a bottomless well of sorrow, drowning the mourner in a torrent of agonizing pain; an exquisite pain that continues to afflict the mourner with heartache and loneliness long after the deceased is buried and gone.'

– Jocelyn Murray