Chapter (26): What Do You Think Robert?

Start from the beginning

"What do you wanna have?"

"A toast will be good"

"Okay"

She went to the kitchen, preparing his breakfast and she made extras for Josh and Chloe. As she was serving the plates, Chloe came out of the room wearing her yesterday's clothes.

"Hey" she said to everyone.

"Hey, Chloe" said Ben beaming at her.

"Come, join us for breakfast" said Josh motioning for her to come.

"Thanks. I wish I could but I must go now. My dad just called me" She turned to Danni.

Danni nodded understandingly at her and walked by her side. "I'll walk you to the door"

"I'll see you today" She kissed her goodbye and left.

*****************************

Avery was heading downstairs to have breakfast with her mom, it's time to move on and accept the facts, she was now feeling better after Danni's soups.

"Morning, mom"

Her mom raised her eyes from the magazine she was reading and smiled at her daughter. "Morning" Avery sat across from her and played with the table cloth.

"I'm sorry" she said. "I'm sorry that you and dad are divorced"

She gave her a sympathetic smile. "I'm sorry too, honey" She reached for her hand, stroking it.

"So, what are you gonna do now?"

"Nothing" She shrugged. "Just moving on"

"Aren't you seeing someone?"

"I'm and of course I want you to meet him but I have to make sure that you are ready"

"I have to admit it's gonna be hard... but not impossible" She gave her a small smile. "All in all, I'm willing to meet whoever he is"

She smiled at her. "His name is Carter Reed"

"The name made me intrigued" She chuckled softly and her mother joined her. "What about dad? Is he seeing someone too?"

"Yes and you'll meet her soon too"

"Well, I'll talk to him later then" She stood up, grabbing her bag. "I'm leaving"

"Okay, sweetie" She nodded.

Avery went to the door and when she opened it, she saw Danni taking off her helmet and adjusting her curls. She flashed her, her usual smile that seems to brighten her day.

"Hi" said Avery as she walked to her.

"Heeeyyy. Off to college?"

"Yeah, someone has to learn something, right?"

She nodded. "How are you today?"

"Better, thanks" She blushed a little and played with the books in her hands. "I better go now"

"Yeah, Of course"

"See you later?"

"You know where to find me" she said confidently.

"Alright"

She walked past her to her car and Danni entered the kitchen from the back door, seeing Robert and Abigail talking with each other.

"Morning, guys" she said.

"Hey, Danni" said Abigail and Robert nodded. "Did you hear the news?"