C18| Children

DeathKnight Industries RooftopNew York

Death
Knight Industries Rooftop
New York

Since Lucifer blew up the penthouse had gone silent as death, pun intended. He could be such a child sometimes, throwing tantrums and breaking things whenever something didn't go his way.

Though this time I suppose his reaction was completely warranted. I mean a baby... Really?

After he'd returned from hell having tasked Cain, the insufferable fool to track down and protect Sophia from the shadows. The bastard had gone straight into he's office to sulk. Probably trying to come up with ways to earn the mortals forgiveness. Lovesick fool. Blah!

He's foolishness made being inside the penthouse nauseating. So I came out here, to the very top of Lucifer's mundane life to escape the madness.

What a shit show... she's pregnant. Like really pregnant and we all missed it. Fucking A. Heaven knew before we did and of course their immediate response was to terminate the pregnancy by killing the innocent mortal.

Now she's taken off with Luci's kid and we still don't know where Michael and Gabriel are. A real fucking shit show.

Lucifer, my oldest friend, my blood brother is having a baby, with a human. I can't even begin to imagine it.

Lucifer with a kid. Some tiny being a little person chasing after him scream, 'Dad.' I just can't see it.

'Az, Luci doesn't wanna play with me.' No, actually maybe I can. She was a great kid. Running around Hell like it was her own personal play ground. The memory of her came fast and struck hard. We, Lucifer and I tend to remain tight lipped about that subject.

She'd meant more to us than we'd care to admit though unlike Lucifer I've accepted her death. Yet that particular loss would always be the one I'd found hardest to bare.

Damn. Just when I thought this night couldn't get any worse.

"How very unlike you to let your guard down, brother." Strange, I hadn't seen or spoken to him in nearly 500 years and still, hearing his voice brought forth unwelcome memories of my former life in service of Heaven.

"Well, it's not like you're allowed to kill me... Michael." I smirk turning my head towards Heavens Arch-angel.

Sophia AndersonBeverly Hills Los Angeles

Sophia Anderson
Beverly Hills
Los Angeles

I barely slept on the 6 hour flight over and the drive here was longer than I cared for. Not to mention the fact that I was dreading facing off with my... My mother.

A headache formed at the very thought. God, all her high society 'friends' are just gonna love the fact that I'm back. Another headache for another time.

Though the woman was cold and mostly unfeeling and totally unfit for motherhood. It remained a fact that she was indeed my mother and in times of crisis people tend to return to the most familiar place. We look for that feeling of safety and security being in your childhood home provides and even if those aren't emotions my mother inspired in me.

For me, her home was it. The place of safety and security I needed at the moment. And if I'm being totally and cynically honest with myself. I'd come back here to this house, to see my horror of a mother to learn how not be her. To learn how to be a better mother to my child than she was to me.

Hopefully coming here wasn't a total mistake.

Charles the family butler was already waiting for me in the driveway with a kind smile and a warm welcome home hug. It was here in this kind old man's embrace I knew I was home.

------------------------------------------------------
A/N

Short and Sweet right...

Vote and Comment......

Let me know if there are any mistakes as well...