Just Be A Teenager

Peter's Pov:

Where was my shirt? I thought I left it on my bed but it's not there, I need to leave soon to pick up Ned so we can go to a party. And because we rarely get invited to parties this was a big deal! I crouched down and looked under my bed, it was a blue checked shirt that I was going to wear over my plain grey t-shirt. I couldn't turn up at a party wearing just a grey t-shirt. There it is, right next to my backpack which I dumped under my bed yesterday and a couple of dust bunnies. I grabbed it and shook it out to get rid of any fluff and dust that had gotten on it before slipping my arms through the sleeves. I went into my bathroom and looked in the mirror, not bad Peter, not bad at all! I grabbed my comb and gently brushed my hair up a bit with a little gel.

"Hey, look at you. You look handsome!" I heard Mom say, I turned away from the mirror to see her standing in the doorway. I blushed and put the comb down.

"Stop it! It's just a shirt and some hair gel, not much has changed." I said as I walked towards her.

"Well, you always look handsome but tonight-" Mom continued before I heard Dad chip in.

"But tonight you got upgraded." Dad said pulling his shades down the bridge of his nose. I smiled and rolled my eyes, typical dad.

"Happy is waiting for you, ready to go?" Dad asked me.

"Yeah, I think so." I replied, feeling a slight confidence boost within myself. Mom pulled me into a gentle hug and lightly kissed my cheek.

"Have a nice time, sweetie. Enjoy yourself." She told me before I left the room, Dad was walking me out to the car.

"Oh son, I know that teenagers will be teenagers and there will probably be a lot of alcohol being shared around. I know you are still underage but if you want to drink then you can, just don't go crazy as I'm not in the mood to clean up your puke tomorrow morning." He said, I laughed before turning to him.

"Thanks Dad, but I think I'll give the alcohol a miss. It's not my kind of thing." I told him, to be honest the thought of puking everywhere grossed me out anyway.

"Good kid." He said before wrapping his arm around my shoulder as we continued our way to the car. We met up with Happy who was already in the driver's seat.

"Have fun, Peter. Tonight you are just a teenager." Dad said as I sat down in the back.

"Thanks Dad, see you tomorrow!" I called out from the window as Happy drove off, next stop was Ned's house.

Happy pulled up, I saw Ned was peering through a gap in the curtains before disappearing. He had definietly seen us. He left house and ran towards the car, he opened the door and slid in next to me.

"Hey Happy, how are you?" Ned asked, he sounded a little over-excited tonight.

"I'm fine, but if you don't mind I'm going to bring the barrier up so I don't keep seeing your face in the rear view mirror." Happy responded as the black barrier came up. I giggled as Ned put his seatbelt on.

"So, no hat tonight?" I asked, he was normally the cool guy that wears a hat at parties.

"Nah, but I have finally found out the secret to becoming a party legend!" He said enthusiastically.

"Oh yeah, what's that?" I asked curiously as I crossed one lef over another.

"A little something I like to call giggle juice! Booze! Alcohol! Now I know why we haven't gotten the girls, how we never became a hot topic for something awesome. All we needed was a drink. What do you think, sound cool?" Ned explained, I starred at him.

"Do what you will, Bud. But I'm sticking to the soda tonight." I told him.

"Peter, no one wants that." Ned told me, a bit savage.