A Night To Remember

"Psssttt!"

"Rory shut up.." I spit out still half asleep

"It's not rory you idiot!"

"What the he.."

"Shhh or your mom will hear me."

"Jason."sitting up my eyes squint as I try to find his figure. "What time is it?" I grumble as I shift up on my bed so he can sit on the bottom.

"You know I always thought girls are pretty in the morning."

"Thanks I guess."

"No you didn't let me finish. I always thought girls where pretty in the morning so what happened to you?"

"Wow pick that joke up from your dad?" A small giggle escapes my mouth as I hit him with my pillow. "What are you doing here anyway?"

"I don't know why do you keep your window unlocked? You know there are real creeps out there." 

"Oh look who's all responsible. Hey weren't you just last night bridge jumping down at Cumberland County Lake?"

"Ouch. You know  I twisted my ankle last night, I think you should rub it." He pulls off his boot and kicks his leg on the bed.

"In your dreams!" I push his leg off when we hear movement from behind the far wall. "If Rory get me in trouble I'm murdering you meathead."

"Hey I'm going to go to college because of football, call me a meathead all you want." He suddenly stands up and walks over to the open window. "Care told me about this party in Hartford, rich kids nice booze. You ditched on me last night don't be a slug."

"For the record I was grounded yesterday because you made me hold your cigarette." I mock as I stand up moving over to my dresser and throw on sweater and some jeans.

"And for your information I didn't know your mom would be coming out of Doses so soon!" He climbs out the window I follow right behind turning around to shut it.

Making light hearted jokes and conversation we slowly made our way into the streets of stars hollow. Just as we got to Miss Patty's  Jason takes a seat on her steps. I do the same, and as we sit looking out onto the town I can't help but take in the moment. It's never been a quiet town, someone is always talking or spilling drama to another. And at night when I'm not sleeping I go to places with music and red solo cups filling your vision. But on nights when nothing is happening the town feels empty and cold.

"Here." Jason pulls out two beers from his bag along with a family size salt and vinegar UTZ.

"Thanks, but maybe not tonight."

"Vic. You're kidding right? I go through all this trouble to get you and your not even going to have fun?" his voice louder with each word.

"Shhh someone might wake up!"

"Vic." He looks me square in the eye, "Don't be a reject." I sigh and take a swig before lightly punching him on the shoulder.

Our bottles are done when a group of teens pull up in a rusty, dark blue truck. Most of the kids are sitting in the bed and I couldn't make them out. When the truck came to a stop in front of us the cab became clear- George and Josh. George was driving, poor guy designated driver, and Josh was in the passenger's seat. "Going the Hartford?" Josh says motioning his head to the back.

"Always my dear." I rise up my empty bottle as I nod to him and hop in the bed. Jason, Caroline and about six other kids I vaguely remember in my class are already seated when I crouch next to Caroline.