[13] bates motel

┌─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐
chapter thirteen!
BATES MOTEL
└─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

( motel california, pt

( motel california, pt. i )

+ trigger warning: heavy mentions of suicide

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"ISN'T IT OBVIOUS?" Dominic asks, rubbing his hand over his chin in thought. "Harris is the Darach."

Stiles has spent most of the bus ride catching the rest of the group up to date with his supernatural discoveries and conspiracy theories— namely Lydia, Vera, and Dominic, who have been listening intently to his ramblings the entire time. Vera is incredibly grateful that she's being kept in the loop this time. Stiles hadn't started trusting her until halfway through their plight with the kanima last school year. In fact, Vera has the sneaking suspicion that he'd thought she was the kanima at some point.

The cover of twilight has already fallen over the bus, spilling shadows over the exhausted students and making their surroundings seem even eerier. There isn't another car in sight. They've been driving for hours; the traffic jam had taken an incredibly long time to get out of.

Vera and Dominic sit in front of Stiles and Lydia, twisted around in their seats so they can have a proper conversation without the rest of the bus hearing. Scott and Allison are sitting in the last row. Vera admits that she's glad to see them on speaking terms again instead of the painful awkwardness that had started off the school year.

Stiles' brows shoot up his forehead in interest at Dom's words. "Well, he was one of my suspects, but please inform the rest of the group why you seem so certain about this."

"Dude, you said the guy had 'DARACH' written on his graded papers," Dominic points out. "How can it not be him?"

"I mean, Matt didn't exactly have 'I AM THE KANIMA MASTER' spelled out using all the creepy photos he took of Allison, did he?" Vera retorts, keeping her voice low. "It doesn't mean he is the Darach, just that he's somehow connected."

"And conveniently missing."

"He was in the military like the other people who were found dead— like that kid Kyle."

According to Stiles, the first three sacrifices had been virgins. Then the Darach moved on to people with military connections. Vera, in spite of herself, is grateful that Dark Druid doesn't only want a bunch of virgins— it means that Stiles will stop pestering her about screwing someone for her own safety.

Dominic shakes his head. "I don't trust it. The man was evil."

Vera doesn't have an argument for that.