Prologue

Shivers trickle along my spine and arms causing my body to shudder in reaction. A burning sensation erupted in my heart, spreading to each cell in my body. My face must be flaming red. How embarrassing.

Coal-black eyes filled with the power and obnoxious look only ascertained by someone brought up with the knowledge they will be powerful, golden olive skin roughened through countless hours of sparring and training, gleaming night-black hair swept to the side and towering height. He was undoubtedly beautiful.

"Ha, what a cute mate. The Goddess definitely knew what kind of girl I'd like..." his rough voice echoed through my body.

I don't know how to react. The memory of school tomorrow brought me back out of my trance and into reality.

"Now? Really? I have so many exams coming up and the world just had to introduce my mate," I thought while my wolf bounced around. She was on cloud 9, yipping in complete elation.

"What the hell does that mean? Shouldn't you be thankful to have found your mate? Not only that, but you will also become the Luna for one of the most powerful packs in the world!" his anger and irritation seemed to seep out more with each word.

Gosh, I forgot to close my mind link! I really need to be more careful.

"Yeah, but I don't really want a mate though..."

Author's note:

Hiya! This is one of my first werewolf stories in a really long time. I am mainly doing it for fun, but if you enjoy it that will definitely be a bonus!

Any advice or critiques are more than encouraged :) Hope you have fun reading "I Don't Want a Mate Though"