Chapter 19

I carefully opened my eyes looking incredulously at where I was, but there was no one. I closed them again to put my thoughts in order. What had happened? What was wrong with me? I looked at my body and immediately felt that fear again ... Could it be just fatigue? I tried to get up, but my legs could not support me, so I immediately held onto a piece of furniture. I had to try to calm down. I needed air. My chest burned and I just wanted to calm down. Tears formed in my eyes. What was wrong with me?

***

When the sun's rays caressed my face, I slowly opened my eyes. I looked at myself and realized that I had fallen asleep the night before. I immediately thought about the message. Had she answered me? I took my phone and looked at it. But there was no notification. Disappointed, I threw my phone into the corner. Why did this woman have to be so stubborn?

I got to the set almost too late. As always, they were waiting for me. My mood was not the best, so I initially avoided any conversation. I had my breakfast and went into my dressing room. I took my script and tried to focus on it, but my thoughts do not allow it. Angry at myself, I cleared the table with one hand.

»Fuck«

I heard myself scream. I had to leave everything behind. Otherwise, this would not end well. In my anger I did not hear the soft knock on the door.

»Shahrukh? «

I looked at the door and saw Mahira look with her tender smile. I immediately tried to react normally but was unsuccessful.

»Shahrukh are you okay? «

Mahira entered and put her hand carefully on my arm. I looked at the floor because I did not want to show her it wasn't so. I said softly and with a broken voice

»Do not worry. I'm just rehearsing a few scenes«

But Mahira did not believe me.

»Shahrukh, I know we don't know each other yet. But we will work together on this film for the next few months and we will finish the projects together. If you do not trust me, it doesn't make sense. I extend my hand to you as a sign of an honest and deep friendship. If you want to take it, I will always be waiting for you. «

Mahira turned to leave. She was right. I had to leave everything behind and commit myself fully to her.

»Mahira wait ...«

I held her arm carefully.

»You're right. I thank you for these honest words. I want to try to give you that confidence, and I will do my best to develop a friendship. «

Mahira looked at me and smiled softly. She had a sparkle in her eyes that impressed me.

»Shahrukh ...«

She had caught me. I looked at her, losing myself completely in those eyes.

»Shahrukh, come on, let us go out and use this wonderful day to make a successful movie. «

Mahira really managed to arouse some motivation in me with her words. I took my script and we both left my dressing room.

***

When I went on the air, my heart slowed. I sat down and kept looking at my legs. Every muscle ached and tingled. I no longer understood my body. What was he doing? I leaned back and closed my eyes. I tried to breathe and feel regularly. With each breath he gained more confidence. I had appointments that I had to keep. I tried to get up and felt my legs shaking. I had to be strong now.

On the way to my photo shoot, I picked up the phone and saw Shahrukh's message. Immediately my heart started beating again. For me, this was confirmation that these outbreaks were caused by stress. I deleted the message without looking at it. I had to close this chapter. Otherwise, he and this love would destroy my life.

The filming was in an old warehouse. I was happy that my team was with me. This gave me confidence and strength which allowed me to enjoy this work. I was joking calmly and even my laughter had returned. I lost no thought of what had happened in the morning. I focused on the photographer doing the desired poses. Everything went smoothly until without warning my heart began to race again. I was trying to find my inner calm and breathe deeply, but that caused more pressure on my chest. Slowly, panic reappeared, and I couldn't focus anymore. The warehouse walls seemed to move and crush me. I had to get out of here. Immediately...

When I opened the door outside, I breathed air into the deepest parts of my lungs. I was literally panting. Carefully I crouched down on the wall. I felt that pain in my muscles again. I was scared ... for the first time in my life I was scared for my life ...

***

Our day of filming was more than perfect. Mahira was an outstanding actress who knew exactly what was expected of her. She always managed to get a scene to the point without having to repeat it a thousand times. Mahira had great talent. I had to admit that I was very impressed with her and her nature at the time.

In the evening, the entire team gathered for drinks in a small bar. Of course, I also said yes and accepted the invitation. I felt full of energy enjoying this meeting. We joke around and laugh a lot.

Much later that night, only Mahira and I stayed. We talked for hours knowing each other deeper. She had a wonderful sense of humor and kept making me laugh. I had to admit ... that I liked ... At that time, I needed someone like her in my life. She not only caught me; she warmed my soul.

»Shahrukh is too late. I think I will go. It was wonderful to be with you and listening to your stories. Believe me, I really enjoyed it ... «

Mahira looked at me with her big eyes and I smiled at her.

»If you're right. We will not make it to the set on time tomorrow. «

We both laugh.

»Well, you know from Mr. Khan that he never arrives on time ...«

Mahira clapped me lightly on the shoulder and I laughed out loud. That was exactly why I liked her humor. She was direct and without plugs. I liked...

***

In the dark I could not find my keys. Searching my bag, I heard myself say

»Damn, where the hell are those keys? «

I picked up my phone lighting up my bag to finally find my keys. I carefully opened the door and entered my apartment. I closed the door and turned to the light switch.

But I cannot do it. Someone had pulled on my hip. Without defending myself, I enjoyed this attack, because I knew very well who had grabbed me. I closed my eyes and felt soft lips kiss my neck. His hands reaching for my breasts, which reacted immediately. My body arched with emotion. His perfume enveloped me causing a sensation of lust which I wanted to experience right now.

Still surrounded by darkness, he turned me around and kissed me full of pleasure. His tongue sought mine beginning to eat it. Our lips burned with that kiss. Together our bodies felt all the excitement between his legs which made me more and more mad. Without warning, he grabbed my hair, pulling my head back. I could feel his burning gaze on my body.

»Mahira, you're late! «

I did not like his tone in which he had told me. I pushed him back and firmly released his grip. Determined to finish this immediately, I pressed the key to the light which immediately dazzled us feeling her angry look ...

»I don't think I need a babysitter at my age, Mr. Devgan! «