Chapter 10

The warm rays of the sun gently caressed my closed eyes and touched my skin like a soft feather. Gently the heat woke up my body and my soul. I opened my eyes a little and looked around the little cabin. But I didn't see anyone. Gently, I lifted the white sheet and covered my body with it. It felt cold on my warm skin. I got out of bed and looked around again. But Shahrukh wasn't here. He had probably left the house very early. Lost in my thoughts, I opened the door and looked around. The sound of the ocean in the morning reassured me and made me dream. What would happen if we stayed here? What would happen if we could forget the world out there? The last days had passed like in a dream. Everything seemed so unreal, but it felt so real. I would never want to lose this feeling again. I had found tranquillity and an unprecedented strength that gave me the strength to fight anything and anyone who got in our way.

Since I didn't see anyone, I went back to our little cabin. I closed the door and turned to the large mirror. Slightly smiling, I took a few steps towards him. I had not seen it before. Carefully, I took the card and started reading ...
»To the woman who gives meaning to my life ... Look in that beautiful mirror. Look at you ... Look inside yourself ... You are a person looking for your equal. You are the most valuable of my life. Indescribably beautiful and blessed with incredible intelligence ... «I looked up and looked at my reflection. I saw tears forming in my eyes. How did he manage to touch me this way with a few sentences? I looked at the card again and read aloud ...

»Nobody owes you anything you can see. You have always been your own owner and have only done what you have felt from the heart. You made your own decisions and lived them with everything. I'm very proud of you. You are unique and for me the reason to wish each morning good morning to this world. Kajol looks in the mirror and looks who you really are.« Once again I looked up and saw my life go by in that mirror. It wasn't just the actress Kajol ... No, it was Kajol, mother and woman. I felt that pride that Shahrukh had written about. Life with all its decisions and destinies had shaped me in such a way that what I saw in the mirror filled me with pride.

»Kajol, I want to tell you something today on this special day. Today isn't only your birthday ... It's the birth of our unique love ...« At that moment, I felt two arms wrap around my waist and squeeze tight. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I wanted to spread its smell to the deepest fibre in my body. His lips cautiously approached my ear and I heard a soft breath ...

»I love you Kajol. I love you so much that the thought of losing you again would kill me. I love you so much that I ask God that immortality be always with you . I need you in my life, because without you it wouldn't be worth living. Baby, from the heart I wish you all the best and health for your birthday«. Shahrukh kissed my neck and turned me cautiously towards him. I still had my eyes closed. I trusted him totally. His face approached mine and our lips merged into a sensual kiss. It could have taken hours, but Shahrukh released me and looked me in the eye. I raised an eyebrow and waited for his reaction. He smiled softly and took out a small coffin. My heart stopped. I knew that box too well. Suddenly, I knew what I was doing. Shahrukh didn't let me out of his gaze and opened it carefully ...

»Kajol, I think you recognize it ... I kept it and never lost hope that you would use it forever.« I looked at my ring. Even today, that ring was so impressive to me, because it presented with each diamond our love for so many years. I looked at Shahrukh. I never expected this surprise. Shahrukh took my hand and gently ran my ring over my finger.

»Kajol this ring belongs only to this hand. Today and for eternity ... «

Life is the nursery of the soul and the preparation for the destiny of eternity ...

Happy birthday Kajol!