Chapter 1

I am currently in my father's throne room. Yes, throne. My father's a king. Well, a god, but you get it.

I am Nico di Angelo, and am also trying very hard to understand what my father just said to me.

Alright. So. He wants me to what? More like, he wants to make me a what?

"Yes, Nico. A god."

A god. Nice, but what do I to say to that? No? Am I even allowed to say no? I don't want to be a god.

"You'll be the god of underworldly powers, unfairness and paperwork. You'll be the prince of shadows and of the underworld."

Sorry, what? I don't think I caught that.

"This is not an option. Furthermore, you will have a quest to complete."

Paperwork? Seriously? I stayed mute, my mouth hanging open in disbelief. I pride myself in being hard to confuse, but right now... I just don't know anymore.

I stumbled over my words.

"But— but... what about Will? And my friends?"

"You don't have a choice. Listen, son, it is not my choice. The Fates, and the others... well not all the others..." He seemed lost in his throughs. Do the gods have ADHD too?

That is not important Nico, back to the task on hand!

I sighed. I really don't have any other choices.

"What's the quest?"

"You'll have to go to Hogwarts School of Witchcrafts and Wizardry, to accomplish three tasks."

Three!? Are they crazy!? Who am I kidding, of course they are.

"You'll have to collect some ghosts who do not possess any valid authorisation for staying there, protect a child named Harry Potter as he is the only one who can kill the 'Dark Lord', Voldemort and yada yada, and finally retrieve some Horcruxes made by said Dark Lord."

We stayed silent for a few seconds before I coughed awkwardly.

"Aren't you supposed to be the Dark Lord."

Said Dark Lord (my father, not the Voldy one) sighed. An angry sight. Or an impatient one, I'm not really that good at sigh analysis.

"Yes, I am. He is a self proclaimed Dark Lord! A baby Cerberus is 'darker' than him!—"

As my father continued his rant (I never knew he could rant), maybe I should explain one or two things? Or maybe an hundred things?

We are currently in 2011, the Second Giant War ended one year ago.

As I said earlier if you were listening (or reading), I am Nico di Angelo, son of Hades, Ghost King, Ambassador of Hades or Pluto, and apparently Prince of the Underworld or something. I am 15 biologically and 83 chronologically. Is that enough information for you? No? Well I don't care.

Or maybe I do. I sighed.

"Nico?"

"Yes?"

"You will receive my blessing."

"When?"

"Now." He snapped his fingers, and I suddenly felt more powerful. Then I felt an horrible pain in my back, around my scapula. I felt to my knees, one hand on the ground. I felt like wings were growing on my back.

Wait...

WINGS WERE GROWING ON MY BACK!

Black wings, with some silvery feathers that glowed rainbow in the light. What the hell?

"Great. Just great."

"You can now shadow travel without draining your energy or risking to fade, your umbrakinesis is stronger and more powerful, you have night vision, shadow camouflage —didn't you already have that—, shadow mimicry —that means you can become a shadow—, and... you're good with paper work."

I don't know how, but my father managed to say all that in a bored-out-of-my-mind tone. He just made his son a god! Shouldn't he be a bit more, I don't know, enthusiastic? It's like he doesn't even know how to show emotions.

Hello, earth to Nico. Come back please, you're beginning to rant.

Sorry. But I don't want to be a god! It's so unfair! I have a boyfriend and even friends! I have a sister!

At least I will always have Thalia. That's not really a consolation.

Okay. Now is not the time to freak out.

"So, about the quest..."

"Yes. Well, you know about the wizarding world."

"Of course." In case you are wondering how I know of wizards, this is a kind reminder that even wizards die.

"Lady Hecate blessed you this morning with wizard knowledge."

"What?"

"What is the spell to levitate objects?"

"Wingardium Leviosa." How the hell did I know that? Also, I'm confused about the origines of this spell. Wing, like, bird wings? Mixed with a weird 'ardium' which I'd guess comes from ardiuus in latin, elevated, and finally a leviosa  which is probably a crude deformation of levi, to lift. Maybe my knowledge of latin is finally going to come in handy after all? I could invent new spells!

My father clapped his hands.

"Great! You're ready!"

"But—" And I wasn't in my father's throne room anymore.

Let's recapitulate to see how much trouble I'm in now. I am a god; the god of unfairness - I'm going to say injustice, it sounds better, even though technically Adikia is the goddess of injustice-, underworldy powers and underworldy (and most-likely overworldly) paperwork. I have freaking wings. And a crown, did I not mention the crown? All dark with stones the same silvery rainbow colour as my feathers. I have a quest. I am going to a school. A school of magic. I have to find horcruxes. Protect a Henry Potter so that he can kill a self-proclaimed Dark Lord, the same one who made the horcruxes. What's the last thing again? Ah yes. I need to retrieve unauthorised ghosts. 

I forgot to say, you are currently in 1995.

The hell?

I'm holding a trunk in one hand, a stick— no, wand—, in the other, my stigian iron sword is hanging by my side, camouflaged by the mist, and I can tell that my wings and my crown have disappeared.

Oh, and I am on a table. Yes, I did just notice now.

Oh joy.

I am in a lot of trouble, mostly with a certain boyfriend, and certain friends...

Edited