seventeen

"Pizza!" Luke spoke happily as he entered the room with a smile, holding a pizza box.

We sat in his bed, eating pizza and focusing to the tv.

"Do you like living here?" He asked as I glanced out the window next to his bed, seeing the multiple buildings and roads.

"Yeah" I exhaled slowly.

"All my friends are here, I have nothing against the city, I love our house." I told him swiftly, seeing him nod.

"So do you think your dad did it?" He asked me slowly.

I could tell Luke the truth.

"Between you and me, yes." I mumbled.

"Why do you think he'd do that?" Luke asked.

"It was all his stuff, he just took back what was his" I shrugged lightly.

"Why didn't you tell the police that-" "because they'd arrest him and make us go back to court" I mumbled.

"That's not a bad thing, Harper- your mom and him already agreed on what he could have and what he couldn't." Luke told me firmly.

"My dad is a big lawyer in this city, so even if we went back to court, he would get his way, and even if it had to happen, do you honestly think my mom should have to pay for a lawyer along with deal with the stress of court itself?" I asked him,

"Over a tv, a ring she doesn't wear, a recliner and a few other little things" I finished slowly, seeing him nod.

"So you're not planning on telling?" He asked.

"The cops are going to question him, we will see what that turns up." I spoke to him, hearing him exhale.

"You're really mature, you know that?" He spoke quietly to me, making me look to him.

"I have to be" I mumbled, feeling him put an arm around me, hugging me gently

"Not with me, when you're with me you can be the kid, no need to handle the stress of an adult at your age"