03

────────────────────────────

three, his existence.  )

────────────────────────────

as soon as minamoto kou woke up from his dream, he immediately sat up from his bed and went straight to his desk. he searched for a random notebook — or just something he could write on, inside his school bag. he flipped to its last page and grabbed a pen from his pen container. there, he wrote the pink head's name in the neatest handwriting he can do. "mitsuba" he read out loud the second he finished writing it. and soon, his lips curved into a small smile with a hint of satisfaction.

before the blonde closes his eyes, readying to go to sleep, he wondered the chances of seeing mitsuba in his dream tonight, and could only hope for the chances to be somewhat high. "i'd be really happy if i can see him again, though" he mumbled, turning to his side and closing his eyes.

the next time he shot his eyes open, his heart immediately jumped. somehow, he even forgot how to breathe — because at that moment, what occupied his view is something that his heart can't handle — or at least not in that closeness. in front of him — just almost about 0.5 meters (or what he thinks since he's no expert at that kind of stuff,) away from him is the one and only mitsuba who was crouched down beside the blonde, and is currently meeting his eyes within the same eye level.

both of them stayed in their current position for a while, not even moving an inch. the room was completely silent and all they can hear was each other's calm breathing — and somehow, it gives both of them a pleasant feeling. then, the wind blew harshly through the window, making the teal-colored curtains produce gentle rustling sounds, which made mitsuba snap out of whatever he was thinking about or whatever he was blanking for. the pink head blinked repeatedly, his cheeks' color starting to turn into a shade of red.

"why are your cheeks red?" kou asked, still not moving.

"hah?! what nonsense are you spouting?!" mitsuba replied, looking as annoyed as ever at the blonde, but the redness of his cheeks remained the way it was since earlier.

"it's not nonsense, your cheeks are really red, you know?"

"your eyesight must be that bad for you to mistake my cheek's color." mitsuba said, then paused before adding, "i suggest you get an eyeglass."

"pretty sure my eyesight's good. i mean, i can still read that sign there" kou replied, pointing an index to a poster sign that was attached to the walls many feet behind mitsuba. "keep the classroom clean" he tried to read the sign, then turned back to mitsuba. "see?"

"then, you're probably farsighted, no?" mitsuba raised an eyebrow.

"you're really stubborn. i told you already that there's nothing wrong with my eyesight, so just accept it" kou sighed.