08

────────────────────────────

( eight, after school. )

────────────────────────────

the next day after minamoto kou and mitsuba sousuke's first encounter, the two met by the shoe locker on pure coincidence. mitsuba was the first to notice the blonde. he was entering the school when he noticed a certain blonde by his own locker, trying to change his outdoors shoe to his indoors. mitsuba felt stiff at that moment, not knowing how to react towards kou because of the event that took place yesterday. he made up his mind to pretend that he didn't notice the blonde since he wouldn't come across him too because his locker is in a different row, meaning the decision he took is in favor of him. he then tried to cover his face by facing in directions that would not show his face as he walked towards the row his shoe locker was in. he succeeded. he arrived at his shoe locker without getting noticed by kou — afterall he looked kinda busy at that moment.

the pink head shook his head, brushing off thoughts in his head. he removed his outdoor shoe and then wore his indoor ones. after that, he closed the locker door when he was done. to his surprise, minamoto kou was leaning on the locker next to him. so much for trying to avoid him and pretending not to notice him. he flinched at the sight. "good morning" kou greeted, a grin plastered on his face — a bright grin that is probably too much for anyone at this early morning.

"minamoto-kun, could you please not do that again? that almost gave me a heart attack" mitsuba said, putting a hand on his own chest, feeling the intense beat his heart makes in every second.

kou chuckled as he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck. "sorry, i won't do it again" he apologizes.

"it's fine" the pink head slightly tilted his head, adjusting his bag before he began to walk.

the blonde followed him — he catches up to mitsuba and walked by his side. he glanced over him, thinking about what to say next. "so..." he cleared his throat. "how are you?" he asked.

mitsuba glances back at the blonde for a second before returning his gaze forward. "i'm doing good" he answered. "and you?" he asked, returning the question to the blonde.

"i'm also doing good," kou answered, letting out a small awkward laugh. as he let out the last laugh, he also brought his gaze forward. "especially now" he smiled, a small yet genuine one.

mitsuba's eyes remained where they were. "why is that?" mitsuba asked. he would be lying if he said he wasn't nervous at that moment because there was a small hope inside him regarding some thoughts he had in mind about what the blonde said.

"i just feel like... the gods are answering my prayers," he replied, letting another sheepish laugh. "it's quite nice" he added.

"then, what is it you've been praying for?" mitsuba questioned, raising an eyebrow.