Crash landing

Depuis le début

"Those rocks," I say pointing to my left at a rock face that's shaped almost like the pride rock in Lion King. "Me and Georgie used to hang out there. It's about two hours away from the compound."

I look back to see Dylan nod and soon he pulls on the left link and we're making our way to the rock face. There's a small clearing around the rocks so I'm not worried about trees obstructing the canopy upon landing.

Thankfully we make it to the area before we lose too much altitude. Dylan then safely guides us to the ground and my knees ache a bit as we land. I crouch as instructed by Dylan and we're thrown forward, my face eating dirt, literally.

Dylan lies over me, the canopy falling over us and I send a prayer to the Lord, thanking him for the safe landing. I push myself upward as Dylan's weight is slightly lifted off me, removing my face from the saturated soil.

Dylan uses his left arm to prevent his body from crushing me and with the right he aims to get the canopy off our body. When he finally succeeds he counts to three and we get onto our feet.

I swipe my hand over my mouth as I taste the soil on my tongue before scrunching up my face.

"It tastes disgusting now but I remember days you'd eat it for fun Ana," Dylan teases from behind me as he messes around with the straps.

"I did no such thing," I shoot back as he frees my harness from his before turning to glare at his amused face.

"You did too," he grins pulling his straps before stepping from his harness.

I mess around with mine and soon I'm able to step out as well. I drop it to the ground, folding my arms as I glare at Dylan.

"I did not," I deny.

"Sure you didn't," he chuckles at me, stretching his arms and I roll my eyes in an attempt not to ogle the muscles that peak from his shirt.

I turn to the left looking at the pride rock, as Georgie and I had named the cluster of rocks. I remember days we'd reenact the battle of pride rock alternating between being Scar and Simba. The boys were always busy so I had found a friend in our housekeeper's daughter. We hung out a lot and I got her hooked on Lion King. Thus, Georgie and I at ages 8 and 10 were Simba's biggest fan and we adored the love between Nala and Simba and often wished we could have a love that that.

Yeah, when I say I'm a Lion King fan, I wasn't kidding. I had Lion King bedsheets, pyjamas, plates, cups, toys... you named it I had it. My father was a bit worried when his daughter preferred to obsess over lions rather than princesses or even princes. Eventually, he got over it when I brought my first boyfriend home and then he prayed for me to go back to my previous obsession.

I grunt as my side pulses in pain breaking me from my wandering mind and I find myself lifting my top. Raising it so it lies below my breasts, I take out the gun, groaning as I spot a bruise where it had been tucked.

"Shit..." I mutter as I then pull off my top attempting to remove the bulletproof vest next.

I jump a little surprised as I feel rough fingers brush my side and I look up at Dylan who stares at my bruise with furrowed brows. He pays no mind to my almost nakedness as he helps the vest off me and I sigh as the constricting thing is off.

"It doesn't look that bad," he states as he observes my side, gently brushing his hand over the bruise and I hiss.

He looks up at me apologetically. "How bad does it hurt?"

"It's not bad... Just stings," I explain looking at how close his hands are to my breasts yet he's more concerned than wanting. However, I shamelessly find myself more than wanting as I glance at how his biceps flex under his T-shirt. "Um– I'm okay. I can walk back to the compound without aggravating it too much. There we'll ice it."