005

"tannie!" taehyung kicked his shoes off. "i'm home, boy!" the blonde hung up his jacket upon hearing the retriever's paws pattering on the hardwood floor. he was tackled then greeted with excited kisses.

the boy got up and yeontan stood in front of him defensively. "don't worry tannie," he ruffled the dog's golden fur, "i'm not goin' anywhere for the rest of the day. i'm all yours buddy!" he smiled at his companion as he strode to the kitchen.

the blonde yanked the fridge door open and pulled out his leftovers from the 'in-n-out' trip he took a couple days ago. there was half of a 'double-double' and two sets of french fries. the male used a knife to cut the remains of the burger in half, eating one and giving yeontan the other.

taehyung felt like having specific foods for dogs when they can have most human foods was just a bunch of inequiality bullshit. animals should be treated with just as much respect as humans; that's why the boy has never bought dog food for yeontan. he treated the retriever like another human, the way he belived it should always be.

"eat up tannie! we have a movie marathon to attend!" the blonde smiled a lopsided smile, cheeks puffed out from the food. yeontan barked and stood up, repeatedly lifting his front legs as a form of jumping, showing how excited he was to spend so much time with his owner.

[•][•][•]

taehyung lounged on the couch with yeontan's head in his lap, snacking on popcorn as they watched 'midnight in paris' with korean subtitles. the blonde never bothered to have the volume on; seeing as he wouldn't be able to hear anything anyway, he always kept the tv muted (except for when jeongguk or jimin were over).

he would occasionally toss yeontan a few pieces of popcorn, not wanting to make the pup feel left out. taehyung sighed out loud, gaining the attention of the golden retriever, "how could he be so unhappy about his present life, tannie?! he's got inez who loves the shit outta him, but he's somehow not happy!"

the dog whined in response to his owner. "i mean.. how could you not love rachel mcadams?! if i were gil, i would marry her so fuckin' quick!" yeontan barked but the blonde couldn't tell if it was a happy bark, or a "shut the fuck up, you're annoying" bark. it was always a toss of the dice for him.

taehyung's phone flashed, signaling that someone texted him.

jeongguk

gguk🐒💨
open up
i'm outside

tae🐅🐾
dude..
why???

gguk🐒💨
just open the fuckin door! 😡😤

taehyung rolled his eyes before pushing himself off the couch, yeontan trailing behind him. the blonde yanked the front door open, "you really are a brat, y'know that?" the elder chuckled. "so i've been told. let me in."

jeongguk walked in after the boy stepped aside, immediately getting jumped by the golden retriever, "hi, tannie!" but the dog didn't distract the elder from noticing taehyung's puffy eyes, "what happened, tigre? is everything okay?"

"oh— yeah! no, i was just watching 'midnight in paris' with yeontan." the brunette nodded with a short "ahh." he knew how emotional taehyung got when he watched that movie. jeongguk chuckled at his best friend, "you really love that movie huh?" the blonde nodded.

"so, uh. w-what are you doing here, jeongguk? i thought you were gonna go chill with namjoon-hyung." the aforementioned nodded, "i was. but jimin told me that he heard a few students talking about you and the new guy," the brunette shrugged lightly, stuffing his hands in his pockets, "so i came to ask you what went down."

"oh."

taehyung closed the front door and walked to the kitchen, jeongguk and yeontan following suit. the blonde went to the fridge and turned to the elder, "do you want anything, hyung?" the latter shook his head. "no, i'm good."
after opening a can of cherry cola, taehyung sat across from his friend at the table.

"so, uh.. what is it you wanna know?" the blonde began violently tapping the table with his fingernail, a nervous tick he picked up in middle school. jeongguk shrugged and leaned back in his chair, "i don't know. why don't you start from when you first noticed him?"

sighing, taehyung tried to recollect his memory, "um.." he trailed off, "he was kind of antsy; seemed nervous for some reason." the brunette chuckled. "i mean, you are kim taehyung almost everyone in our district knows about you." the younger made a face, "yeah but he's not from our district. i'm not known throughout all of paris, hyung."

jeongguk altered his question, "so, did you talk to him at all?" the blonde nodded and fiddled with the cola can. "yeah. i didn't see him at first, but he's really attractive, not gonna lie. to me, it seemed like his words were unclear and slurred but i think it's 'cause he doesn't fully move his lips when he talks." he shrugged, leaning back against his chair.

"so what did y'all talk about?"

taehyung ran a slender hand through his hair, "he just introduced himself and said how we would be in 'quite a few classes together.' he didn't say anything other than that." the brunette kept a straight face. "so, you're just gonna say he introduced himself but not tell me what his name is?"
taehyung sheepishly smiled, "sorry, hyung. his name's min yoongi; i thought it was yoonji but he said that wasn't it or whatever." the first-year huffed, crossing his arms over his chest with a pout.

jeongguk smiled at his friend, "alrighty, i'm gonna head out; jimin and i have a project to work on. this yoongi.. he seems like a good guy, no?" when the blonde remained silent, the older chuckled and stood up, "at least try to be nice to him, tigre."

as jeongguk headed for the front door, he could hear taehyung whining, "jeongguk, stop calling me that!"