003

taehyung woke up to yeontan growling at his blaring alarm clock, "tannie. it's okay, boy— you just gotta get used to it again." groaning in agony, the blonde shuffled out of bed, trudging towards his nightstand.

"no more alarm clock for us, tannie!" the retriever let out a small whine as taehyung removed the batteries from the ill-sounding device, tossing them in the trash. "ain't that better?" yeontan barked and the male smiled at his companion, ruffling his golden brown fur before getting ready for school.

[•][•][•]

jeongguk caught up with taehyung on campus, "good morning, tigre." but the blonde couldn't see him, he'd been too busy staring down at his phone. the older tapped him on his nose, finally gaining taehyung's attention.

"good morning, hyung." the younger looked up at the brunette, stuffing his phone in his pocket with a warm smile on his face. "did jimin come home last night?" jeongguk furrowed his brows whilst shaking his head, "surprisingly, no. but i'm not worried; he does this sometimes."

just as the words left the older's mouth, a short, pink-haired boy squeezed between them, wrapping his arms over their shoulders. "morning, fuckers!" jeongguk rolled his eyes, "that's hyung to you."

jeongguk was the type of person who, if he knew you were younger than him, expected to be addressed as 'hyung'; he just liked hearing it. let's just say that the brunette doesn't handle disrespect very well.

the shorter male whined, "but jeongguk! i'm only a month younger!" but he was quickly shut up when the aforementioned gave him a look, the look that could set fire to your soul. taehyung patted the cotton candy haired male's back, "that's okay, jimin-hyung! he'll get over the whole respect thing one day."

the boy, jimin, scowled in jeongguk's direction. "yeah.. doubt it." he scoffed.

[•][•][•]

taehyung didn't have any first-year friends, just jeongguk and jimin. so being by himself in music education didn't come as a shock to anyone. the blonde loves music but, mind you, this wouldn't be the first time hearing this information.
he is a sort-of-underground artist; there isn't anything they could teach that taehyung doesn't already know.
to pass the time, he would just draw random abstract art or write more music.

so, when a transfer student was introduced to those in the lecture hall, taehyung had no idea— him being deaf and all— that the new student had walked past the blonde and taken a seat diagonal from him.

the student had been taking glances at taehyung for the past hour and a half, not being caught by the boy or the professor. it would be weird if he was in front of taehyung's row, but discreet if he were to be behind. strategic methods aside, it seemed as though not one thing could stop the new student from staring at the ethereal male across from him.

[•][•][•]

the next few hours were reserved for study hall. taehyung caught up with his two friends as they headed towards the library building. the two older men were talking so fast, taehyung could barely read their lips. he only caught small pieces like 'transfer' 'really cute' and 'our grade' but the rest was just incoherent nonsense. "woah woah woah woah! slow down a little bit. i can't read your lips if i can't see them."

the second-years apologized and allowed the blonde to continue, "it's okay. what were you guys talking about?" jimin was the first to begin talking. "there's a transfer student from sorbonne university!" taehyung raised a brow in confusion, "really?" the older excitedly nodded. "uh-huh! and apparently he's a music major; he's a second-year i think. a couple of my other friends said they had him in music education this morning and—"

jimin was interrupted by jeongguk, "wait, tae. you're in that course, aren't you?" the latter nodded slowly, still very confused as to who they were referring to; he hadn't seen any new faces around. the pink-haired boy grabbed taehyung's arm and rushed into the library, "you saw him?"

the blonde shrugged. "no. i didn't even know there was someone new!" he whisper-shouted. the eldest walked in, slightly irritated that they left him, "jimin-ah! leave the boy alone. let's just get through this study hall and go home." taehyung shook his head. "no, you guys can go home. i, on the other hand, have another lecture to attend later. i'll come over for a short visit but i can't stay."

the two boys huffed, "no fair!" the blonde shrugged. "not my fault you hyungs didn't want to align your schedule with mine. now, all you two do is complain about me not being available for you."

[•][•][•]

taehyung sprawled himself on the brunette's bed, "hyung?" the latter sad down next to him and hummed. sitting up, the blonde displayed a small pout on his lips, "are you sure there's a new student? i didn't see anyone new."

jeongguk nodded, "yes, tigre. you have a bad habit of not paying attention during lectures; so when someone comes in, you never know about it." taehyung's expression saddened and the elder sighed, 'i know being deaf is hard for you. but don't forget that jimin and i will always be here for you, whenever you need us, just call out. and you've come a long way; you're successful and valued. don't let this one thing ruin it for you.'

the blonde nodded and gave his friend a side hug. "thanks hyung."