Chapter 3: Encountering a ghoul

Two months have passed and Matt's life was very peaceful. He didn't see that mysterious hooded stranger again and Brandon seemed trusted once more. As always, him and his wife, Miyuki, kept seeing Greatsaw and Sharah. Phantom was also by Matt's side whenever he needed him, sometimes Matt would even call him "his right hand". He was so grateful of every necromancer that believed in him and treated them all like his family. Matt was arranging combat training sessions in the practice room. He wanted his army to be prepared for anything. They would never be hungry or thirsty and everyone was in a great shape.
On a Friday morning, Miyuki was feeling very happy. She had a surprise for her husband and waited him to wake up as he was still sleeping. Phantom saw Miyuki from afar and went to speak to her.

"Good morning, Miyuki! What's on the agenda today?"

"Well, I'm waiting for Matturse to wake up. I wanna surprise him and show him... something really important" -she replied, while she looked down at her own belly.

"But, enough about us. How are the rest of you doing?" -Miyuki added.

"Seems good to me. Dozen of us who woke up went to the training area and soon enough they will be done"

"That's excellent, Phantom! I'm sure Matturse will be happy to hear that!"

"Speak of the leader" -Phantom answered while he was looking at Matturse who was approaching the dining table.

"Hello, you two. Is everything alright?"

"Yeah! Umm... I have a surprise for you, honey, but we need to go outside" -Miyuki told him.

"Okay, if you are ready to show me, we can go now!" -Matturse answered.

The couple got out of the dungeon and started moving towards the woods. Matturse was very curious about the surprise.

"So, I think we are far enough. What's your surprise, Miyuki?" -he asked her.

"Matt... I'm... I'm..."

"You are confusing me now. Are you okay? Is something wrong?"

Then, Miyuki lifted her shirt and her belly could be seen. It was swollen up, she was pregnant! Matturse just stood there, looking at it with wide opened eyes. He couldn't believe what he was seeing.

After a moment of silence, Miyuki decided to talk with him about that.

"You're not upset, are you?" -she asked him, while her smile was slowly fading.

"Of course I'm not upset, honey! This is the best feeling I had in my life! We are gonna be parents!" -Matturse said in excitement.

"But, don't you think its a bit too early?""

"Hey, being a parent is not easy. But early or not, I'll take the responsibility. I'll make sure that our child will be the happiest on this planet and I'm pretty sure you think the same way" -Matt explained.

"Yes, yes, of course! Matturse, you can't imagine how much joy I feel that I'm becoming a mother. Thank you so much for making my life better!" -she said while they walked together in the forest nearby.

"Don't thank me. I'm just a fan of doing the right thing. I'll be here no matter what and you won't be... alone."

The one eyed necromancer stopped moving as a familiar growl interrupted him.

"Matt? What is that sound?"

But he was shocked and ignored her question, slowly spinning his body around and searching the sound's direction.