Chapter 10: The last stand

The next day, almost every necromancer woke up early and began their breakfast, while Matturse's close friends were having a conversation.

"How does our army look?" -Nela asked Douglas.

"Thankfully, everyone's in a great condition. We do need as many numbers as possible if we're gonna take on Luke and his possessed ghouls"

Then, they noticed Miyuki approaching them. She gave them breakfast and some snacks.

"Help yourselves, our form needs to be at its finest. By the way, where's my husband?"

"He's still asleep. He has informed me last night that he'll keep watching the area from any surprises, so its our turn to take care of him"

"Not for any longer" -Nela added, noticing a yawning Matturse joining them.

"We got any plans?" -he asked, while wrapping his right hand around Miyuki and grabbing a snack with his left.

"No, but we are almost entirely sure about where Luke is heading at. Since ghouls have fire as their only weakness, he will definitely guard the place that keeps the largest amount of fire element, so we don't put our hands in it" -Douglas said.

"It's settled then. Right after our breakfast, we will be marching towards the Burging lair"

Then, the crew heard footsteps coming from a few meters away. They already have drawn their weapons and stood in fighting positions, waiting for a potential attack. But from the woods, a few men with shiny orange robes approached them while keeping their weapons in their places.

"Who are you? What do you want from us?!" -Matturse asked firmly, swinging his nunchucks.

"Easy, we are not here to hurt you. We're here to help you... we are the Pyromancers. We locked ourselves under the ground of our temple, but we overheard about you needing fire
to fight off the most recent threat?"

"Right, okay. I see where you are getting at, but what's in it for you? There's surely something that you'll want from me in return"

"I would have been a fool, if I didn't help the man who treated my daughter the best way he could"

  Matt paused and thought for a moment... until he realised exactly who that man is.

"You're Avgence's father... I can't believe it. Her sacrifice was brave, and will never be forgotten, it's one of the many things that keep me moving forward. But I'm confused, how did you find us in Mercuria?"

Avgence's father pointed to the sky, where Algenix's father was flying and looking down at Matt and his friends.

"I also overheard your conversation about needing help from fire, so I convinced them to give you a hand. One of my amends for mistreating you all this years. I'm so sorry Matturse, I hope you can accept my apology one day"

"I forgave you the same day when you lured me in the Gods' hands, thank you, trully" -Matt said and gave a respectful nod before Algenix's dad took off.

Then, the Pyromancers casted passive spells on the armor that Matturse's army had, and they got enchanted with fire.

"The armor and weapons have a fire aspect now, you should be able to heavily damage a ghoul by just pushing them with your bodies. Take care, Matturse"

"Wait, I never got your~!"

But the masters of the fire element were vanished by a magic powder.