nine

AN: Thank you all for your patience and continual love for this story.  Life hit hard recently so I had to take some time to figure out this new hand it had dealt me. I'm planning on updating weekly now though so every Wednesday there should be a new chapter! Happy reading and I hope you enjoy!

✧☆✧

They stayed on the other side of the planet until Poe gave them the all-clear. They didn't want any attention drawn to them since they didn't have anything to protect them with. Waiting, of course, made Kat antsy but the second Poe's voice came through the comms telling them that the First Order left, she brought them in for a landing.

The transport door opened and Leia stepped out much to the shock of Han. Kat soon followed, standing just behind the older woman with C3PO nearby. No one spoke a word, not knowing what to say after so many years being apart. Not to mention Han just saw the only missing member of this family reunion leave with Rey.

BB-8 was the one to put things into motion for as soon as the excited trill sounded C3PO began to speak. Kat wasn't paying too much attention since the orange and white astromech rolled directly to her, chirping about how excited it was to see her and how she would very much like Rey but they needed to save her from Kylo Ren. Kat couldn't help but laugh, scratching at the droid in a similar fashion she had seen Poe often do. "Slow down, BeeBee. It's good to see you too."

His excited beeps soon turned to sorrowful ones as he relayed the message about how Poe had died in a crash on Jakku. Kat just smiled and shook her head causing an inquisitive beep. "Did you not see his X-Wing? He's very much alive and back to being a pain."

The droid beeped ecstatically as it rolled around Kat which made her laugh. Soon a Wookiee calling her name broke her away from the mini celebration she was having with the droid. She looked over to see Chewbacca offering his hands out to help her stand from the crouch she was currently in from talking to BB-8. A small smile tugged at her lips as she took his hands. As soon as she was on her feet, he brought her in for a hug which caused her to laugh. "Yeah, I've missed you too."

Chewbacca let out a soft growl which caused Kat to sigh. "I know, I know. He could have at least said goodbye though. Or even a see ya later, kid."

The Wookiee growled once more and Kat pulled back. "It's not his style, yeah, yeah." She then looked over to Han who was still talking with Leia. "I kinda just want to run over and give him the biggest hug ever even if I'm still a little hurt."

She rolled her eyes at Chewbacca's next remark. "Well, wish me luck." Seeing him smile, she knew that it was the right choice. Maybe he would even stick around longer.

She hurried over, shouting "incoming!" as she jumped into Han's arms, wrapping her arms and legs around him much like she did as a child.

Han stumbled back but neither of them fell over as he held onto her. "Aren't we a little old for this?"

Kat laughed. "Never."

Leia smiled at the pair as Kat let go, setting her feet on the ground again before being distracted by Chewbacca. Kat and Han shared smirks with each other, silently saying that all was forgiven.

"You must be Kat. You don't look scarier than the First Order." Finn said as he stepped forward to the small group.

Han chuckled, patting Finn on the shoulder. "You've never seen her angry, big deal. I'd keep it that way too." He said before calling for Chewie to head back to the Falcon.

"How do you know who I am? And who told you that ridiculous description?" Kat rolled her eyes until she noticed the jacket around his shoulders. That was Poe's. She stepped forward in amazement. "Wait, are you Finn?"