Another thing we had in common was that we both loved chocolates and cheese and both of us dreamt of living in Switzerland where both chocolate and cheese are so damn popular.

We also talked about my family, how my mom died and I told him about all my dreams. Not to be rude to Aaron and dad but Zac was the only one who actually listened to me and also
encouraged me to call the sheriff tonight.

Ahh! He didn't think I was crazy like everyone thought about me. He even wished me luck and told me to carry on my 'investigation'. I don't know if he meant it in a sarcastic way or not but… I took it in a positive way.

Sadly, 20 minutes later, Aaron drove into the parking lot, his car shining as magnificent as possible. I had a feeling that Aaron was late because he spent the entire time washing his car.

He at least felt the need to apologize and apologized sincerely to me. Even though I wanted to give him a piece of my mind and maybe punch him in his guts, I kept quiet. The last thing I wanted was to give a bad impression to Zac.

Aaron clearly took advantage of the situation and asked "boyfriend. Huh" causing me to blush like a cherry.

Before I could even reply, Aaron turned towards  Zac and said  "take good care of her. She's the best girl one could ever hope for and If I hear any complaints, you'll be in big trouble".

Ah? What the hell? I thought Zac would say that we were just friends and that we weren't dating but… he instead wrapped an arm around my shoulder and said "OF COURSE.I'LL TAKE REALLY GOOD CARE OF HER. Don't worry about a thing ".

That was the best moment of my life. I was in cloud 9 and out of a corner of my eyes, I saw that Aaron had a huge grin on his face.

Sadly we had to leave my 'boyfriend' and head back home. Aaron had an important meeting and he couldn't be a second late for it. Not even a second? That's ridiculous!

Anyways, I was just so happy and the moment we reached home, I hugged Aaron goodbye and went upstairs to change my clothes and call Zac… oops. The sheriff.

That call's way more important than Zac. It was the perfect time to call the sheriff. No one is at home and I could talk freely to him about mom's accident… well, murder.

With my heart beating out of my chest, I dialed the number on my phone and… the call was picked up on the second ring. The first and only thing I said was "I'm Abigail Matthew, Adeline Clara Matthew's daughter. I have some information about her accident".

The sheriff hung up the call saying "how about I pay you a visit and we can talk it over comfortably". He didn't even let me reply.

What the hell? No no no He's definitely gonna get me killed tonight.

'Why the hell did I call him', was what I thought before flinging everything on my desk onto the ground.

I felt my heart burning and at its melting point. How can I explain everything to dad? To Aaron? What if everyone thinks I'm crazy? What if dad sends me to a psychologist as he told earlier?

This can't be happening but it did. Much to my dismay, dad came home before Aaron. I thought maybe if Aaron was present with me instead of dad, he might not be too angry with me and maybe he might even help me out by not letting dad know anything.

I felt my heart rise a bit in happiness when Aaron came home 30 minutes later but it dropped again when I saw the police car pulling up our driveways an hour later.

I heard the bell ring and the door opening. A minute later, " Abi! Come down here. Now.", daddy shouted.

Oh boy. I am in so much trouble.