PROLOGUE

Yuri rode down the street, debris raining down from the buildings. He rode through the falling debris and cracks forming in the streets. Yuri noticed Sector Security ahead of him, and pulled up. "What are you doing, get these people out of here," Yuri yelled. 

"There's some people trapped in there," the officer shouted back. Yuri jumped off his duel runner, threw his helmet at the officer, and ran towards the building. "Wait! Where are you going?"

"To do your job!" Yuri said. "Useless Sector Security," Yuri muttered, shoving his white bangs from his eyes. He whipped around, his black and red hair smacking the officer in the face. He climbed the stairs, holding on for dear life as the ground beneath him shook. He looked around.

"Help!" A voice shouted from the door on the furthest from the stairs. Yuri ran down the hall and kicked the door in.

"Hello!" Yuri  shouted, looking around the apartment. 

"I'm in here," the voice of a girl shouted from the bedroom. Yuri opened the door and glanced around, then saw something poking out from under the bed. Yuri went over to it and knelt down. The girl was curled into a ball, crying.

"Hey, are you okay?" Yuri asked. The girl looked up and pushed herself closer to the wall. "Are you looking at this? Don't worry it's just a beauty mark," Yuri said, rubbing the criminal mark that ran from his forehead down to his jawline. "My name is Yuri."

"I-I'm Amy," the girl said.

"Well, Amy, do you want to get out of here?" Yuri asked, holding out his hand. Amy took it tentatively. Yuri led her out to the main room, but a large hole had formed in the middle of the floor. "Well, this presents a problem," Yuri said. He looked around the room. He knelt down in front of Amy. "I need you to go back back up for a second, okay," Yuri said. Amy nodded and backed up. Yuri grabbed an end table and threw it through the window. He picked Amy up in his arms. "Hold on tight," Yuri said. 

Amy wrapped her arms tight around Yuri's neck. Yuri ran towards the window and jumped out. He turned in mid air and landed hard on his back. Yuri got up, wrapped his coat around Amy,  and ran back to the main street. He handed Amy over to her parents. "Thank you so much," Amy's mother said. 

"Don't worry about it," Yuri said. He turned back to the Sector Security officer. "You need to get these people somewhere safe."

"What about you?" The officer asked.

"I need to find out what's going on," Yuri said. He climbed up a ladder to get a better look. He looked around and saw a giant glyph in the sky surrounding a temple in the middle of downtown New Domino. 

"What is that?" The security officer asked. 

"Remember all week, those symbols that have been appearing all over the Satellite Sector, and then the two that showed up around the Arcadia Movement building? I'm guessing it's something like that," Yuri said. He suddenly felt a shooting pain in his right arm and fell to his knees.

"What is it?" The officer asked, kneeling to help Yuri.

"I don't know," Yuri said. He glanced down at his arm. A glowing red figure eight appeared on his arm. "That wasn't there an hour ago," Yuri muttered to himself. He looked back up at the temple. A massive monster that dwarfed the temple, and the city around, had appeared in a flash of light. Yuri stood up and gazed in awe of the monster. Someone must be dueling over there, Yuri thought. He climbed down from the building, stopping halfway down to unsnag his shirt. He mounted his duel runner and took off down the street. I need to get a better look, Yuri thought, trying to ignore the shooting pain in his arm. He crashed through a gate to the Tops, hoping he could see what was going on. He raided the guard station and found a pair of binoculars, and peered through them. 

The sight Yuri saw shocked him. Standing at the top of the temple, right below the giant duel monster, was Rex Goodwin. He looked around and saw a pure white dragon flying up towards the bird monster, destroying it. Suddenly, a massive red dragon shot out of the ground, and roared. It flew towards a shadowy monster and disappeared inside of it. The creature exploded into nothingness, and the clouds that had been forming over the past few days cleared away. The sun shone over New Domino.

"What was all that about?" Yuri wondered aloud. The glyph that hung over the city had vanished. Yuri removed his glove and sleeve again. The mark that had appeared had stopped glowing, but it remained on his arm. Yuri rubbed it a little, hoping it would go away, but it didn't. Yuri mounted his duel runner again, and sped off.