Mama: Stigma

"Got me feeling like pop rocks, strawberry bubblegum," the idol blushed as Candy played on the speakers.

"Don't be embarrassed, Baekhyunnie, it's a great song," a familiar voice stopped him as he was about to walk away.

"Baekbeom hyung," the actor looked at his brother, seven years his senior.

"You're probably enjoying this weekend away from set," he sipped at his cider.

"Actually, we finished production yesterday so I have interviews next week while prepping for the Super M comeback," Baekhyun chuckled as he sipped from his can of iced coffee.

"I wouldn't be drinking caffeine if I were you; you should relax," Baekbeom looked around him. Grandparents were entertaining the little kids; the teenagers huddled in one circle while the parents discussed their difficulties. Food and drinks were circulating between these groups, the trays flitting like flat, silver butterflies. "Live music would have been nicer, don't you think?"

"I'm not singing, hyung. Manager nim will kill me," the singer shook his head.

"Do you miss playing the piano?" the older sibling's suggestion surprised the younger.

Baekhyun thought of the lessons he had received from Kim Hyun-woo of DickPunks; before that, his time as lead singer of Honsusangtae. Like its name, that band slipped into a coma it would never wake up from.

"Yes," he finally answered once the memories had played themselves out.

"You've grown a lot since then," Baekbeom answered. "Not just height-wise but mentally. You just hadn't noticed because it all happened in a whirlwind. No matter what people say about you, know that I'm proud of you."

The idol was glad to hear those words- a few hours ago, MC's were gossiping about his love life. What was wrong with having dated many girls? Yes, the singer had broken things off many times when he and the girl realised things wouldn't work out. Surely, that was better than stringing them along for what would only end in bitter tears or rage. Why did people want insight into his dating life anyway? Fans didn't realise that when taking a piece of the actor, they left him feeling less whole.

He looked around him- besides the members of his bands, the opinions of his family, close and extended, were the only ones that mattered to him. And so, Baekhyun smiled...