Chapter 17

We make it to the hotel and run as fast as we can to the roof. I push open the door and we all start yelling for him. I run to the left.

"Doug!" I yell.

"Doug! You up here, buddy?" Phil yells.

We keep running around, until I spot Doug.

"Hey! I found him. He's over here." I yell to the others.

I run over to Doug and kneel down. He's badly sunburnt and I can tell he's dehydrated.

"Hey." I whisper.

He looks up at me.

"What the fuck is going on?" He asks.

"We can explain everything but right now we gotta go." Stu says, looking at his watch.

"You look good, you got some color. I'm jealous." Phil says, trying to ease the tension.

"I'm getting married today." Doug whispers.

"Yes, you are." I smile.

"That's why you need to focus and do everything we say. Because, frankly, you're wasting a little bit of time right now." Phil says.

Doug looks up, angrily.

"You fucking asshole!" Doug yells and stands up, tackling Phil.

He screams in pain.

"Ow! My skin burns. My skin burns!"

We hurry up and get Doug downstairs. We all pack up and get Doug some water. I'm checking out of the hotel while Phil gets the car with Doug. I run outside with my bags and get into the car. Stu jumps into the back seat with Doug and Alan. Phil starts driving as fast as he can before Doug speaks up.

"At least the trip wasn't a total disaster."

"What makes you say that?" I ask, glancing back at him.

"When I woke up on the roof...I happened to find $80,000 worth of Bellagio chips in my pocket." He holds up some chips.

"Oh, my God!" Phil and Stu say, laughing.

"Looks like we're going home with some money, boys." He laughs. "And Em."

I start laughing

I start laughing. We all start cheering.

"And Em, I'll give you $4,000 of my cut since you did just pay for the villa. Even after we trashed it..." Stu says.

"No, Stu. It's okay. You use that on your wedding." I say, glancing back at him.

"Actually...I don't think I'm going to marry her." He smiles at me.

"Fuckin' finally!" Phil cheers from the drivers seat.

I giggle.

"Only if you're sure." I say, smiling.