Chapter 4

Emily's P.O.V. ~

"Oh yeah. Told her we're two hours outside of wine country, and she bought it. She still doesn't know Emily is here, though."

I shrug as Phil says, "You think it's strange you've been in a relationship for years and you have to lie about Vegas and that your best friend, who happens to be a girl, is going?"

"You were married. Would you have told her?" Stu asks.

"Yeah but now the only woman in my life is my best friend. And she came with us." He kisses my head.

I smirk at Stu, happily.

He sighs. "Yeah I do. But trust me, it's not worth the fight."

"Oh, so you can't go to Vegas but she can fuck a bellhop on a Carnival Cruise Line?" Phil rolls his eyes.

I look up at the cashier and sees she's rolling her eyes, scanning our items.

"Okay, first of all, he was a bartender, and she was wasted." Stu says, defending her. "And, if you must know, he didn't even come inside her."

"And you believe that?" Phil asks.

"Uh, yeah, I do believe that, because she's grossed out by semen." Stu says, as if it was obvious.

The cashier butts in. "That'll be $32.50."

I turn to Stu. "No woman is grossed out by semen."

I grab my chips and drink before walking out.

"$32.50." Phil points to Stu and grabs his stuff.

We all make it back to the Mercedes and get in our original seats. Doug starts driving once again.

"It says here we should work in teams. Who wants to be my spotter. Emily, you're my favorite so you can do it." Alan says, reading his book.

"I appreciate it, Alan, but..."

"I don't think you should be doing too much gambling tonight, Alan." Doug cuts me off.

"Gambling? Who said anything about gambling? It's not gambling when you know you're gonna win. Counting cards is a foolproof system." Alan defends his book.

"It's also illegal." I say, leaning toward him.

It's not illegal, it's frowned upon. Like masturbating on an airplane." He glances back at me.

Stu butts in. "I'm pretty sure that's illegal too."

"Yeah, maybe after 9/11, where everybody got so sensitive. Thanks a lot, Bin Laden." Alan glares down at his book.

"Either way, you gotta be super smart to count cards buddy, okay?" Doug says.

"Oh really?" Alan asks.

"It's not easy."

"Well maybe we should tell that to Rain Man. Because he practically bankrupted a casino, and he was a ruh-tard."

We all start laughing.

"What?" Phil asks.

"He was a ruh-tard." Alan repeats.

"Retard." Doug corrects him, chuckling.

We finally make it to the hotel in Vegas.

"Wow! This is awesome!" I say, looking around us.

"Hell yeah." Phil says, patting my side.

Doug parks in front of the hotel and we get out. He hands the keys to the valet and we get our bags. We walk inside the building and to the front desk. The line goes Doug, Stu, Phil, me, and then Alan.