Chapter 16

"Alright. Let's go." Phil says.

He gets out of the car. I climb through the passenger window before walking around the car with Phil. Stu gets out on the drivers side when Alan tries to climb out the passenger window, like I had. He falls to the ground causing the Asian man, who also got out with his bodyguard, to start laughing.

"Funny fat guy fall on his face." He laughs.

"Alright, we got the money. 80 grand, cash." Phil says, trying to hurry up.

"Throw it over. Then I give you Doug." The Asian man says.

"Um, I'm sorry. First of all, good morning." Stu says, holding the bag of money. "We didn't catch your name last night."

"Mr. Chow. Leslie Chow." The man says.

" The man says

"Mr. Chow, it is a pleasure. My name is Stu. And we would very much appreciate an opportunity to see Doug...before we give you the money just to verify that he's okay." Stu says, introducing himself. "If that's cool."

"Of course, Stu. That is cool." Chow says before clapping.

Doug is pulled out of the car and I smile.

"Oh, thank God." I say, leaning against Phil.

He wraps an arm around me, smiling.

"See, he fine. Now give me money..." Chow says, "...Or I shoot him, and I shoot all you motherfuckers. And then we take it. Your choice, bitchesss..."

Phil glances at Stu. "Give him the money, Stu!"

Stu tosses the bag to the bodyguard, who catches it. He counts the money quickly before nodding.

"It's all there."

"Let him go." Phil says.

"Alright, take it easy." Chow rolls his eyes.

The second bodyguard moves Doug forward before taking the bag off his head. The man under the bag...wasn't my brother. It was a black gentlemen.

 It was a black gentlemen

"Ta-da." Chow smiles.

"Is this some kind of joke?" Phil says. "Who the hell is this?"

I start tearing up. My brother is now officially lost. We thought we were finally a step ahead but no. Instead of my brother, we have a man I have never seen before.