A New Arrival

A New Arrival

2nd January

McKenna's POV

Once Jace left the bathroom to head over and talk to his daughters, I sighed with content as the relaxed into the tub. The bubbles smell like bubblegum and I was placing piles of the bubbles over my bump. As I rubbed them in with my hands I felt my little man kicking, he's been very active today. A lot more than he usually has been throughout the time since I first felt them.

"Daddy told you to be nice to me Rocco." I chuckled as I relaxed back into the water. The water has done nothing to ease the pain in my lower back as I was hoping it would. It's just like a constant dull pain that sometimes gets sharp, then it goes. Maybe I should get Jace to massage it when he gets home, he has magic hands.

"Macca, you haven't drowned yet?" Ash giggled as she opened the bathroom door. I looked up to my bestie and she was smiling as she came in and then sat up on the counter.

"Nope, still trying to get comfortable. I just can't seem to get rid of these back pains." I sighed as I moved up the bath and sat up more. It's not like Ash hasn't seen me naked before. In fact, when she was pregnant with Evie and we were in our last year of high school and seventeen. We were both single and then one night, we ended up in bed naked together. Well maybe a few nights. No regrets, gotta try everything once.

"You're probably in labour." she laughed, I frowned and shook my head. Not that I know what the pains would feel like but it's not time for my boy to arrive.

"I just slept wrong that's all." I waved off her comment, I'm not having this baby today. He has six more weeks of cooking to do yet. She gave me a look as if she didn't believe a word I had just said.

"I've put the clothes in Jace's room, I just need to feed Matt and then I can help you go through them." she smiled as she jumped off the counter and then checked her face in the mirror.

"My room." I grinned as I pushed myself up and then climbed out of the bath. I saw Ash raise her brows as she looked at me through the reflection.

"He asked you to move in?" why does she sound so shocked? Maybe because I have never lived with someone that I am in a relationship with. It's going to take some getting used to, I've only stayed the one night here with the girls home. I'm going to be a step mother before I become a mother. Oh God!

"What's wrong?" she asked as I wrapped the huge fluffy pink towel around my body. I never thought of this before now, why is it freaking me out so much?

"Nothing, just crazy thoughts running through my head. And yes, he asked and I'm excited." I grinned, definitely excited but now also shitting myself because I am now going to be a mother to three gorgeous girls.

"Yay! I'm so happy for you honey." She smiled and then wrapped her arms around me and gave me a firm hug. The sounds of Matt screaming his head off had her grumbling as she stepped back.

"The next baby better not be this demanding for my boobs." She laughed as she walked out and left me standing there. Next baby? I frowned and then as I was about to walk out, I stopped. The pain that just rippled through my bump had me buckling over.

"FUCK!" I growled as I wrapped my arms around my belly. The pain had bought tears to my eyes, I couldn't move as I felt like I was gonna die.

"Not yet, please not yet." I cried as I tried to breathe through what I can only describe as the worst pain ever. I willed it to stop but it only got more intense, my body shaking as I gritted my teeth.