Chapter 3

• Dedicated to Ryan Kasper

Chapter 3

Maddy's P.O.V

Once we pulled into the driveway, we raced into the house trying to beat each other to the bathroom as we had to make ourselves look presentable.  I ended up beating her to it and I turned on the straightener as I studied my reflection. There wasn't anything special about me to be honest, besides my hair. That looked pretty cool but was totally dead from all the dying and bleaching. I had it black underneath and blonde on top and it was teased up at the moment. I had clear greyish brownish eyes which were coated in eyeliner. My eyeliner had decided to smear horrifically so I got my eye makeup remover and I wiped it all off, I then proceeded to wash my face since my 'oil-free' eyeliner happened to be extremely oily. Of course. 

After I dried my face and reapplied my makeup, I realized I didn't even need the straightener and that I looked pretty cute. I walked out and let Ellie into the bathroom. I wasn't sure how I felt about all of this hanging out with Alex business. I know he's going to want a relationship and that's just not what I want, at least not with him.  

Just then my doorbell rang, which is probably the most annoying sound in the entire world. It's not a nice chime kind of sound it's an angry persistent buzzing that just doesn't relent until you finally answer the door.  I raced to end the buzzing and saw Alex, some random kid, and a tall, very attractive boy on my front porch.

'Hey Alex, hey guys, we'll just be another few minutes. We'll be right out!' I proclaimed as I ran back to get Ellie.

'Ellie, Ollie is like the most attractive guy ever. He has ANDY SAMBERG hair. ANDY freaking SAMBERG! If this works, I will die of jealousy.' I said. Ellie simply laughed and rolled her eyes in reply.  

I walked back to the guys and waited for Ellie. They were chatting amongst themselves so I decided to take in everything. First, I'll analyze Daniel, or who I assume to be Daniel. He wasn't all that tall and appeared rather young, maybe fourteen to fifteen.  He had dirty blonde hair that was rather out of control.  His face was dripping in sweat, ew that's on the gross side. He wasn't fat, but wasn't as skinny as the rest, maybe muscular? He had blueish eyes and was currently beating Alex for being a 'ho.' I had completely missed what happened, but my gut told me it was probably hilarious.

I turned to who I presumed to be Ollie. He was tall and very, very skinny.  He had straightened brown hair, not anything special about the color, it was the weird shade of brown that everyone in America seems to have.  He was maybe half a foot taller than me, I'm really very short. He had the most heart warming smile and his eyes were so hard to describe.  They were green, blue and grey, all at the same time. While he was skinny, you could tell he had muscles as well. He had his lip pierced and pull it off well. All in all, you could say he was one of the most attractive guys I had EVER seen. Ever. 

Ollie's P.O.V

I glanced nervously over at Maddy to see her intensely looking at me and she appeared deep in thought, I felt like I was under an analysis of sorts.  I bet she's looking at me and thinking 'Wow, what a loser.' or something like that.

I looked away quickly and pulled out my phone and saw I had one new text from Alyssa. It was the same sort of message as usual. Her texts were always trying to force me into saying I loved her but I hated saying it when deep inside, I knew it wasn't true. I didn't ever know how to reply so it usually took me a few minutes to message her back. I wonder why I don't love her. I know she's no different from any other girl in the way she dresses, but that isn't her fault. She's gorgeous and so sweet and when you look in her eyes you can see how full of love they are for me. As I thought about that I could feel the guilt inside of me growing. I hate knowing that in my eyes she's nothing to me. She's just someone to talk to and hang out with on the weekends. To her though, I'm everything and I knew it. I was her whole world. I can't keep thinking about this. I'm just making me hate myself.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the screen door being opened. Out stepped this gorgeous girl and by gorgeous, I only meant seriously hott. She had a boyfriend though and to me she had nothing on Maddy. Speaking of Maddy, I looked back over at her to see she was no longer inspecting me, instead she was laughing about something with Alex. She had a musical laugh, he was so lucky he ever got to press his lips to hers. Her lips looked so soft and kissable. I wish I knew what it was like to kiss a girl like her. 

'Hey Olllliieeee' I glanced over beside me to see Maddy's friend beside me, I guess that means this is Ellie. She drug my name out in a seductive sort of tone and was grinning a get some smile. Oh no, I eternally groaned. I didn't want to be distracted from Alyssa. She didn't deserve it. I'm such an awful boyfriend but what am I supposed to do when I'm stuck spending the day with possibly the two hottest girls in the world? 

'Hey, you're Ellie, I assume?' I asked her hesitantly. She nodded as she scooted in closer til her side was against mine. Great, I thought. She was wearing denim destroyed short short shorts so that I could almost see everything, her t-shirt read 'Hollister' and had some sort of bird on it. Why do all the girls wear those? They just look like billboards to me. 

We went and spent a lovely day at the park and while I was on the swings, yes I still enjoy partaking in childish behavior, Maddy came up and started swinging beside me. It was just me and her, Ellie was off with Alex and Daniel on the merry-go-round.  I looked over at her as she put her arms out like a bird and pretended she was flying. How adorable. 

'Don't you just love swinging?' She asked in a soft voice, 'I feel so free when I'm swinging. Like I'm a little kid and nothing could ever go wrong again.'

I was astounded, she was talking to me. Me. I had to be careful, I couldn't come on to her or Alex will kill me. See, the rules are you CAN take your friends girl, but she has to come on to you.

'Yeah, actually I totally know exactly what you mean. I don't do it often, I'm super busy skating but when I do, I feel about four years old' I said in agreement.

'That's so cool.' She said smiling ' Would you guys like to spend the night tonight? My grandma won't mind. The house is pretty messy, but totally laid back. It'd be really cool. Just so you know, you should let Alex know that today is only about me and him being friends, that I don't want a relationship right now, at least with him. Don't word it like that, I sound like a jerk.'

'Of course we'll stay and yes, I'll definitely tell him' I said laughing. I sat and swung with her for a little while until I told the other guys that we were staying.

As we walked home, all I could think about was that she didn't like him. I wonder if I stand a half a chance with her. Nah...she's too perfect. I won't get I my hopes up. I thought, of course I was lying to myself, I desperately wanted a chance with her, forgetting all about Alyssa.

------------------------

Comment, Fan, Vote? (:

Thanks doll.