c h a p t e r t h i r t e e n : c r è m e d e l a c r è m e

Start from the beginning

"They have perfectly functioning legs, they can walk." Daddy answered with a mischievous glint in his green eyes and not even a minute later our convoy was already driving from the airport and leaving the aforementioned wolves in the dust.

I wanted to grin victoriously but I felt bad for Zeno, not much for Echo though.

I yelped as my daddy pinched my inner thigh to gain my attention. I turned to him with a pout, "yes, daddy?"

"What was that back there with Echo, babygirl?" He asked, soothingly rubbing the skin he had previously gripped with his forefinger and thumb.

I looked down, suddenly turning sheepish and took his hand to fidget with. "I didn't want her kissing and licking you too, because you're all mine.. right?" I mumbled.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I may have just been overthinking what happened.

I frowned. Well, I feel stupid now.

I clambered up and situated myself on daddy's lap, burying my face on his muscular chest. His arms automatically wrapped around me as I felt him place kisses on my head.

"Of course I'm yours, baby. I always have been even before we met." He assured me. "Echo was just joking with you and I'm pretty sure she's lesbian so you have nothing to worry about."

My wolf purred, satisfied with our mate's blatant proclaimation of our undoubtful claim on him. I'm glad that he didn't tease me about being jealous, but I am confused about one thing.

I sat up straight and questioned, "what's a lesbian?"

A cough and a few words of apologies came from Aaron but I only continued to look at daddy. He seemed surprised and as equally confused as I am for a moment before speaking, "you don't know what that is, babygirl?"

"Nope." I shook my head whilst popping the 'p'. "I may have heard the word in passing but I really don't know what it means."

"Well sweetheart," he tried to find the words to explain, "it is very much like Mason and Jessie. Who are both males who.. fancy each other. Echo is a similar case but with females. Do you understand, baby?"

"Oh!" I exclaimed in realization. "I get it! I didn't know there were specific words for it, I just thought loving someone of the same gender is just as simple as loving someone of the opposite gender, you know?"

"Yes, baby. But some people prefer to have something to identify them as and we have to respect that, okay?"

"Okay, daddy." I said, deciding surely in my mind that when I meet Echo again I'll say sorry for my bad behavior.

My Mama and Papa raised no rude hija.

"Good." He nodded and pecked my forehead. "Now, which hand did Echo kiss? I think I have a small hand sanitizer tucked away in this car somewhere."

I giggled at what he said and nuzzled my cheek affectionately against daddy's in my show of appreciation. I know I'm not like most wolves and need more time when it came to getting educated with things, but I'm so happy that I was lucky enough to get someone as understanding and patient as Dominik to be my mate.

And I hope that he is just as happy as I am with our bond too.

Our caravan of cars entered a private road, momentarily stopping at a tollgate which was guarded by equally muscular and tattoo clad men like my daddy. They let us pass without much trouble, they even saluted and I wondered if I should've gave them one back, but daddy didn't so I just nestled further on his body and watched as we drove past a thicket of very tall trees.