c h a p t e r t e n : b r e a k i n g t r a d i t i o n

b r e a k i n g   t r a d i t i o n

o m n i s c i e n t

Groans of pain, loud cheers and angered filled growls could be heard all over the field. Everyone was too much into the game, having been the first for over many years to have interacted with another pack that wasn't the Observare pack. They were all shouting, some even howling as the players tackled each other to the ground with no mercy whatsoever. And whilst the adults and teenagers were enjoying the game, Isla took it upon herself to watch the pups as they had their own mock play of American football.

Isla laughed lightly as one of the girl's pushed her male opponent and sat on him as her teammate took the plastic ball and ran to the other side of their small area to gain a point; though the kids failed to realize that they weren't exactly keeping up their scores throughout the whole game from so much fun.

Smiling, she was momentarily distracted when she saw, just by her peripheral vision, her mate advance in on one of the pack members who managed to only let out a small squeak as Dominik collided with him. Their audience winced before they cheered again loudly as the Coercitor pack took the ball, but their voices were muffled out to Isla's ears at that moment, focused only on the sweaty body of her mate. Her wolf purred, tail swishing back and forth as they appreciated the way the light seemed to bounce off of his tattooed skin so perfectly. She rolled around inside her host's mind before whimpering, needily crying out to her own mate for no reason.

Dominik looked her way after helping the wolf he took down stand up, hearing her wolf counterpart call to both him and his own wolf. Their eyes met and he sent her a wink as a roguish grin came to his face when his precious little mate's chubby cheeks turned red.

A thousand butterflies fluttered around her stomach, causing her to bury her face on the shirt that belonged to her Daddy out of embarrassment.

Why'd you have to do that? She asked her now content wolf, having been given the attention she wanted from their mate.

She was an attention seeking bitch, she wouldn't deny that.

But her human wasn't allowed to hear such things so she only huffed and continued to roll around inside the pits of Isla's mind out of boredom.

"We're all it! Whoever tags Isla wins!"

Jumping up in surprise, her eyes widened as litters of pups begun to shift and sprint towards her with no intention of stopping, yapping and yipping at the thought of catching their 'prey'.

"Oh, no." She whined before running the opposite direction as fast as her legs could carry her with the pups nipping closely at her heels.

The crowd stopped to watch and laughed as they started rooting for the pups to catch her and Brooklyn was having a field day cackling at the predicament her friend seems to have gotten herself into.