In front of him is a plate with a chocolate cake slice with a strawberry and whipped cream on top. A silver spoon on the side of the plate. He picks the spoon up and starts eating the cake. She watches his every move and when one would want a cake, she did not. She did not want cake nor anything. "D-do you want more coffee? I can get it for you" He asks her. It takes her a couple of seconds to nod her head and he smiles her way. Picking up the mug he goes to the counter.

She stares at the seat where he had sat and she wonders what he was doing there. He did not look at her like she was someone he wanted to avoid. He did not even care how she silently cried or the fact that her eyes were red and puffy. It was as if he did not judge her for some strange reason and she did not know what to think of it. It brings confusion to her but that is short as soon he returns with the coffee filled mug and brings to it her.

Slowly she reaches to take the mug like she had hold it before and takes sip of the coffee which she found taste different, yet better. She didn't know what was different but knew she liked it. Neither did she asks but she could not deny the fact that he was there with her any longer and she opened her mouth and said two words to that young man that sits across from her in the coffee shop. "Thank you" Her voice is low and barely audible yet even through the chatter around them he did hear her and smiled her way. A blush creeps up her cheeks as she looks down at the coffee in her mug.

Waking up to a Sunday morning, with a soft smile on his face as the sun is peeking through his window

Waking up to a Sunday morning, with a soft smile on his face as the sun is peeking through his window. He gets out of bed and goes on with his normal morning routine. Once he has showered, dressed and ready to go the clock is already eight in the morning and with a smile on his face he goes out of his apartment and walks down the streets. It's filled with people, some taking their dogs out, some exercising by running and some are walking to work while others are enjoying the day.

Everywhere he looked, he saw happiness in the people and he saw their smiles. A half an hour walk to his favorite coffee shop where he has been longing for a whole week for then cake that he has been wanting. Every Sunday they bake that cake and serve it which makes him go there every single week. As it is his favorite. Once he has made it to the coffee shop and sees how cramped it is and how every seat is filled, he looks around.

Noticing that there is one table that is free with only a young woman sitting there but the other side is empty. His heart pounding within his chest as he grows closer to the table and sits down. The woman doesn't notice him right away as she's watching outside the window. He clears his throat to let her know he has sat there. Her eyes look over to him but she doesn't speak nor does he feel like she even cared that he had sat there. Still the butterflies inside his body don't leave him alone as he sits there in the silence between them.

She had turned to look at outside the window and his eyes turn to see what she was seeing but could not find what it was. "I'm sorry for sitting here... it's just that all the other tables are full" He decided to tell her, explaining the reason for him to sit there. He did look at her to study her but no matter how much he explores every detail of her face and body, he can't explain her but he does want to. The nervousness in him was taking control over him and he was barely holding it together.

Seeing a tear drop to the floor he looks at her once more. "Are you feeling all right?" He asks her, worried filling him whole as this woman has started to cry. One part of him told him that this was his fault, that he was invading her table and her space and she cried for that. For he has taken something precious. Her personal space. When she shakes her head at him, he doesn't know what to do or how to help this woman for he has never comforting anyone in his life. His eyes then notice the last slice of cake that is in the window. The cake that he came for.

Standing up, he walks over to the counter to order it and then walks back to the table where she sits and once he notices that she has shed more tears, he feels for her. His heart aches for this woman for she is clearly dealing with a lot and he feels responsible for her tears. She turns to look at him and the cake, though her look doesn't show that she wanted it, quite the opposite. But, the way that her eyes are breaks him apart.

He starts eating the cake when he notices an empty coffee mug beside her hands which are shielded by the sleeves of the hoodie that she wears. While eating he finally finds the courage inside him. "D-do you want more coffee? I can get it for you" He asks her, though unsure of if she would even answer at all. He did find myself being rude for he was eating cake in front of her and he has invaded her table when it was clear she sat there to be left alone and alone she wanted to be.

Relief washes over him when she does nod, slowly but it was there and he stands up, takes the mug and brings it to the counter to get her coffee. He didn't know what she liked so he got her black coffee with whipped cream which melted right before his eyes and before he could give it to her. Going back to the table where she is, setting the mug down beside her hands, he sees her reach for it but he never sees her fingers, not once. As much as that confuses him, he does not dwell on it.

While he once again starts eating the cake that he has been wanting for a whole week, and his taste buds have taken a trip to heaven, he sees her take the mug and bring to her lips to take a sip of. He doesn't know whether she likes it or not and is too afraid to ask but she does drink it. And it does give him some conclusion that she does like or she just doesn't care much for the taste at all and only drinks it for the caffeine that is inside it.

It was as if the world around them weren't even there as he made sure to keep an eye on her as he ate for somehow he knew that there was something about her that intrigued him but he didn't know what it was but he would like to find out. "Thank you" Her low angelic voice speaks to him and it brings happiness rushing through his body as his heart beats faster, yet not out of nervousness but for some strange reason that he doesn't know what is. He smiles at her and notices how hints of red reaches her cheeks as she looks down and he cannot deny the blush that welcomes itself onto his cheeks.