Y/n bit her lip, torn between the urge to intervene and the fear of making things worse. Sasha's hurt expression cut deep, like a jagged shard of glass piercing her heart, while Free's anger crackled in the air like lightning on the verge of striking.

"Tell her to walk her ass out of there! She's the one who got herself into the mess!" Sasha's words were sharp, laced with bitterness and frustration. Y/n winced at the harshness of her tone, but still feeling a pang of sympathy for Sasha even as she hesitated to step forward.

Summoning her courage, Y/n cautiously peeked over the wall, her heart pounding in her ears. Sasha stood with her back to Y/n, shoulders tense and fists clenched at her sides. Her normally vibrant eyes were dull with hurt, and Y/n felt a pang of regret for adding to her pain.

On the other side, Free's expression was stormy, his features contorted with frustration and anger. He shook his head in disbelief, his movements jerky and erratic as he struggled to contain his emotions. Y/n dared not to take a step forward, instead she continued to stand still where she was.

If she moved any further she would definitely be caught, and besides, they were loud enough to hear from where she was. But from how heated their voices and expressions were, especially over something that involved her, she wanted to stop it, just for the sake of everyone's peace. But she was glued to where she stood. Caught between two conflicting loyalties, Y/n felt like a deer caught in headlights, paralyzed by indecision.

"You've been hanging out with her lately... I just feel like you're... you're starting to forget me," Sasha's voice trembled, her words laced with vulnerability as she turned away from Free, unable to meet his gaze.

Y/n's heart sank as she listened to Sasha's confession, her own emotions tangled in a web of confusion and hurt. The realization hit her like a ton of bricks, stirring up a whirlwind of conflicting feelings. She couldn't shake the sense of betrayal that gnawed at her insides, even though she knew she had no right to feel that way. The betrayal of Free. A person she barely knew for a day. But he held her in his arms. He tended to her while she was hurt, looked over her in the forest. Did it all really mean nothing? Did she lack affection that much that she mistook it for something more? She chewed her lips anxiously, not liking the sick feeling inside her stomach as her thoughts stormed within her.

As Sasha spoke, Y/n's gaze flickered between them two, but her eyes lingered in Free's face. His expression was unreadable, an expression different from his usual indifference. Something he never showed to her, but there he was, showing it to Sasha. The ache in her chest was growing with each passing moment. She felt like an intruder, an unwelcome spectator to the unraveling of their relationship, yet she couldn't tear her eyes away.

To her surprise, Free's anger seemed to melt away at Sasha's words, replaced by a tenderness that made Y/n's heart ache even more. He reached out, pulling Sasha close, his touch gentle as he rested his forehead against hers, their eyes locking in a silent exchange of emotions. Y/n's eyes widened, in horror, hurt, and anger even.

"That's not true, Sasha," Free murmured, his voice soft with sincerity. "You're the only... one."

Y/n's breath caught in her throat as she watched the intimacy between them unfold, her chest tightening with a mixture of longing and despair. She pressed her fingers against her clammy palms, trying to steady herself as tears pricked at the corners of her eyes. It hurt to watch, but like a masochist she could not tear herself away even if she wanted to.

Then it happened—their lips met in a tender, affectionate kiss, sealing their bond in a moment of undeniable connection. It was not a soft innocent kiss for long, for it sooner turned passionate, a full blown make out session that disgusted Y/n to her guts as her heart struggled to comprehend its ache.

She can see them kiss.

She can hear the kiss.

And she hates it.

Y/n's heart undeniably gave a pang of pain, something she would hate to admit, as she witnessed their intimacy, the sound of their kiss echoing in her ears like a cruel taunt.

Unable to bear the pain any longer, Y/n turned away, her vision blurred with unshed tears. She slumped against the wall, her chest heaving with the weight of her emotions. With each step she took away from them, she felt the distance between them grow, a gaping chasm of emptiness widening in her wake.

Any remnants of happiness she felt earlier today was all but gone, the illusion of everything finally starting to look up was all broken now. All there was left to do was face a reality that she did not understand.

She didn't want to be the reason for their discord, but more than that, she couldn't bear to feel the terrible feeling that she was feeling right now. It's as if Free had slipped through her fingers like sand. She was hurt, and she didn't know why. All she knew was that the ache in her heart was too much to bear.