4 | When he gets accused of being a traitor

Start from the beginning

"Sergeant Belinski, we have someone here to see you, a little bird. Pray you tell her everything or else."

Nikolai's body shook as he realized what was happening, sure enough your small frame entered the room and quickly rushed to his side. "What are you doing here? It is dangerous."

"I was worried, I can't bear to lose you."

"Have they hurt you my sunflower?"

"No...but they've told me-they've told me that you helped the Germans?" Nikolai, despite being bound in chains, gently cupped your face with his rough yet warm hands "I would never do anything to betray my country. I would rather go through hell than destroy everything that I love." For some reason, his words alone was enough to persuade you. "Tell me what I need to do to prove your innocence then."

'This is crazy' you thought as you rummaged through the files, messages, and recordings in the evidence room. A guard loomed in front of you making sure that you do not alter any files nor destroy any documents, you had the message and all other relevant information on one pile, and all others stacked high on the opposite side. The guard provided any translations you needed and returned any files deemed useless by you, it took you nearly the whole night to piece together every information and gather all necessary documents to prove Nikolai's innocence.

Come morning, you sauntered up to the Captain in the interrogation room and smacked the papers on the table, Nikolai jumped awake, the Captain looked quite offended of what you did. You began by telling them that Nikolai had just returned home after crossing Europe a couple of days before the ambush, there were multiple recordings that hinted that Nikolai's forces were taking heavy damage in the front lines, you've pulled up a list of names of witnesses; then you explained that in no time would anyone had been able to communicate with the Germans and have known the situation here. It also didn't make sense why he would betray his country and hometown, the information that they retrieved that hinted Nikolai's involvement was misinterpreted due to the ineligibility of the handwriting, turns out that the name was misspelt and it regarded an aristocrat that was among that perished in the siege. There was a moment of silence as the Captain looked through all the data you've gathered up and processed the information you've given him; he nodded then ordered a temporary release of Nikolai, his full release will come once all the names in the list of witnesses you had were confirmed and provided the same story as you.

Once back home the two of you just laid in bed and just relaxed, it was nice lying next to him, he felt so warm and fuzzy. Nikolai couldn't seem to stop thanking you for everything that you had done, though you kept telling him it was nothing, you could tell by how hard his heart was beating and how close he held you that what you did was more than just nothing to him.

Tank Dempsey

"Bullshit! You know I would never do anything like that!" All the ruckus caused you to go out and see what was happening, Dempsey was in the middle of a heated conversation between him and another soldier

"Bullshit! You know I would never do anything like that!" All the ruckus caused you to go out and see what was happening, Dempsey was in the middle of a heated conversation between him and another soldier. You pushed your way through the crowds just to get to him, "What's happening?" you asked your partner.