five

"Hey, bud, are you even paying attention here? I'm giving it my all trying to give you a good scolding," Tony quipped, his voice slightly laced with sarcasm as the metal of his suit creaked loudly

"Hey, bud, are you even paying attention here? I'm giving it my all trying to give you a good scolding," Tony quipped, his voice slightly laced with sarcasm as the metal of his suit creaked loudly. "You know, just doing my part as the responsible mentor here!" His tone was light-hearted despite the situation, adding a touch of humor to the moment. "Cause it sure feels like you're spacing out! Get it? Spacing out? In space? Ha, I crack myself up."

As soon as Peter and Tony reunited in the vast expanse of space, far away from earth, Tony was visibly upset with his protege. Peter stood with his arms crossed while listening to his mentor repressing the reasons why he shouldn't be present. Peter's heart raced as he remembered the moment when he grabbed the wizard with a spider-web to prevent him from being taken away. In that instant, he felt a surge of relief at being able to help, there was a fleeting sense of accomplishment in his actions. However, as he dwelled on the memory, a wave of worry washed over him. Being away from earth had unsettled him deeply, leaving him with a sense of unease that lingered in his body.

"We really are in space." Peter responded. "R-Really...oh god. Nikolas was left down on earth and I was abducted by some aliens who---"

"Hey." Tony snapped his fingers at him. "Calm down. You don't need to do that right now."

"What if we don't make it back? What if I never get the chance to apologize? Our last conversation wasn't exactly on the best of terms, and I can't bear the thought of leaving things unresolved." Peter clenched the mask he held in his hands.

Tony spoke with a hint of warning in his tone. "As much as I want to know what happened down there and if Nikolas is really alright, just know that I'll have my eye on you if anything goes wrong," he declared, a faint menace in his voice. He stared deep into Peter's eyes, making him recall the punishment he had received in the past with the suit. "We need a strategy. The kind of strategies you see in those weird movies you like. Go."

· ────────── ·

Meanwhile on earth, as Vision and Nikolas stepped away from the rest of the group, Vision was slowly healing the wound on his abdomen and Nikolas knew it wasn't a good sign, or at least that's how he tried to receive the information when Vision explained the stones to him in detail.

"It's not fair to expect me to suddenly be an expert on these magic stones or whatever they are," He shot back. He was visibly frustrated and angry, perhaps it was just a misperception of his surprise.  "And this Thanos person can't just walk in and force someone else to pay the price with a sacrifice."

Vision's voice softened with a sincere honesty as he spoke. "I know we barely know each other, and the reasons that brought us together were certainly dire. But you shouldn't be concerned about me, i insist," he said, his eyes carrying a mix of conviction and vulnerability. "There are others whose lives will persist once I'ts gone. Focus your concern on them."