Chapter 47

" Hey, Delilah? Can I talk to you for a minute?" Bucky intervenes in the lab. Tony scrunches his eyebrows, as Delilah nods her head and follows the solider.

" What's up?"  She could sense the seriousness of the conversation based on Bucky's demeanor.

" I um.. well I wanted to ask if..if..."

" Hey, look at me." Delilah slightly ducks her head to catch his eyes.

" It's just me. Whatever it is, you can tell me." She explains, as he takes a deep breathe and nods his head.

" I had a past. A bad one.  A-And I'm still trying to figure out how to deal with it." He rasps out, hesitantly. Delilah nods her head in understanding.

"But I can't if I barely know what happened. I was just wondering, cause you're you know.. all knowing and all." He laughs lightly to break the tension, and Delilah's smile widens.

"Of course Bucky, we'll get you through this together. You're not alone. Not with Steve and the rest around, not with me." She grabs his hand. He looks down and scrunches his eyebrows.

" Why are you doing that? Why do I kinda like it?" He tilts his head.

" No ones ever held your hand before?" Delilah asks, curiously.

" Not that I remember." Her smile falters a little.

" I'm honored to be the first." Bucky intertwines their fingers, and swings their hands.

"You know I've always wanted a little sister." Bucky beams.

" Convenient, because I've always wanted and older brother." Bucky shakes his head in an amused tone.

" Hey, wait isn't it your birthday?" He asks, scratching his chin in deep thought with his vibranium arm.

" Mine? No, but I think it's the girls." Delilah says, equally curious.

" Which girl?"

" The girl this book is based off silly!" She chuckles, as he joins in on his laughter.

" Well when you're reading this, happy birthday beautiful! Thank you for sharing your heart with the author, making her die of laughter, roasting the crap out of Miss Johnston and getting two weeks of detention because she yelled at the author and made her cry, for being strong for her when she knows you're down, for bringing Taco Bell to her window in the middle of the night cause you "felt our connection telling you I had a craving", which she totally did, and for being her best friend. Her sarcastic, witty, caring, bold, spontaneous , stunning best friend."

" Wow Bucky, I didn't know you could be that deep."

" I have layers Delilah, layers."

" We need you guys in the lab!"

" Duty calls!"