Chapter 2

POV: Second Person

The morning was quiet, not much to see in your little neighborhood. The grass was wet with dew as you strolled by. Muffet wouldn't get to the shop until noon, so you took your time walking to the bakery. As you rounded the street corner you pulled out your keys from your jacket pocket. You were glad Muffet trusted you with the keys to the shop. Out of all your coworkers she gave you the keys. You supposed it was due to your house being in close proximity to the Bakery. Opening the front doors you flip the lights on and begin taking down chairs. Grabbing the stereo remote off the window seal you turn on some music.

You spend the next hour or two dancing and singing to yourself as you clean and finish setting up the bakery. You had an hour and a half to spare before Muffet came in. Grabbing a rag from the back you take a disinfectant from behind the counter and begin wiping down tables. Swaying your hips and humming to yourself you make your way around the front shining the glass table tops. The chiming from the front door stopped you in your tracks. You wondered if they saw you dancing from the windows before coming in. Straightening up you turn around and you are met with a tall skeleton who stood a couple feet away from you. Letting out a yelp you jump back a bit. "Um hello, what can I do for you sir?" He was dressed in a cream turtleneck with a worn leather jacket over top of it. He wore dark jeans with a belt, his dark boots scuffed and dull. The frilly and purple and pink shop, even you in your dress, contrasted from him and his dark brooding appearance and expression. a few heartbeats past before he said, "Sorry to scare ya dollface," The skeleton's voice was smooth, deep. You tried not to react to the pet name.

"I have this list...I'm not sure how the ordering and stuff works here." he said scratching the back of his skull.

"That's alright, do you mind if I see it for a moment?"

His eyes met yours and you both stared at each other for a moment. He nodded and extended the slip of paper out to you. You take the piece of paper and head back behind the counter. Reading the paper you begin noting the order into a binder. Daring a glance up at the monster you find him searching his pockets for something. You let out a little laugh before saying, "I hope you're not looking for your wallet." His eyes shot up, his smile grew wider at that. "What's your name sweetheart?" His voice dripped with amusement, you smiled a bit. Pulling the binder a bit higher you say "(Y/n)." your eyes widen at the envelope that he placed onto the counter.

"Then I'd believe this is for you."

"Me? Do I know you from somewhere or?"

"Nah, Toriel sent me to put this order in for her party next week, she wants to invite you to it as well."

Setting down the binder you pick up the envelope, a purple seal sits delicately atop the paper, the royal monster insignia. Looking up you give him a skeptical look. "How do I know this is real? And that you're not going to kidnap me or something?" He chuckles at your response a bit of shock on his face. As you ring up the order he says, "Guess you'll just have to take my word darling." Letting out a long sigh you dare to say, "What's with these corny and outdated pet names." crossing your arms you look at him expectantly. Handing you the money he says, "It's just my thing dollface, don't feel too special." You roll your eyes at the skeleton before looking down to put away the money. Handing him his change you look up at his skull, taking in the cracks. They looked painful, yet intentional, you wondered if he was in an accident or if it's a fashion thing. Body modification was rising in popularity.

"It's impolite to stare, you know?"

"Oh sorry, I didn't-"

"It's fine dollface, I'm not offended. But you better be careful, someone else might get the wrong idea."

You face burned with embarrassment, your words got caught in your throat. The skeleton looked at your flustered face and laughed. And with that he turned his boot heel and headed for the door. Just as he opens the door he says, "I'll see you soon sweetheart, I hope to see you at the party." And just like that he was gone, the bakery empty once again. Leaning onto the counter you let out a sigh. You fiddled with the seal of the envelope trying to decompress from that whole situation.

And as you went back to work you realized that you never even got his name.

A/n: Hey guys! Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. New chapters will be released tomorrow. Thank you for all your support! I love you all sooo much <3 <3 <3 

JAE AWAY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>