Chapter 15

It's a little past 1 in the morning, and I'm laying down cuddled into Luke's arms. The only place I want to be in the whole world right now.

We don't say anything, we just lay here holding each other. He must sense I don't want to talk about it. I'm thankful for that. I couldn't ever bring myself to tell him I'm sick. Not out of the fear of losing him, because who wants to be with the dying? But I know it'll change everything and right now like the doctor said I have to focus on the positives of everything. He's my positive.

He brushes a strand of hair that was driving me nuts on my face, and lightly kisses my forehead. It's like he can read my mind.

"You smell good." He smiles, snuggling in.

"You don't smell so bad yourself." I laugh lightly. He smells so damn good.

He kisses my lips softly and I melt at the impact. I could stay like this forever.

"I don't even care if you get me sick." He breaths before kissing me again, "I've missed those lips."

If only he knew what I had wasn't contagious.

"That's gross, but surprisingly sweet." I grin, kissing the tip of his nose.

"Sorry? For what?" He asks with a look of confusion.

I'm sorry for lying to you.

"Just felt like kissing your nose." I shrug before doing it again and again.

He rolls his eyes before interlocking our lips once more, interrupting my little nose kisses. I didn't know someone could make me so happy.

"So tell me, what's new in the celebrity world of Luke Hemming's?" I ask.

He furrows his eyebrows, "It's stressful. With this new album coming up were always doing something. It's nice just to lay here with you."

We lay in silence for a few moments, soaking in each other's presence.

"I love how we can just be quiet around each other without it being awkward." I say staring down at his lip ring, thinking out loud.

"Me too." He smiles, kissing my cheek. "You're something else."

"What does that mean?"

"It means you're amazing."

"Stop" I punch his shoulder and he winces. "You can't say stuff like that, it makes me giddy."

"Oh yeah?" He challenges with a devilish smirk.

"Ye-"

He's tickling my mid section and I let out a cry for help. I'm way too ticklish for this and I can't stop laughing.

"Stop!" I manage through my giggles, and his grin only widens.

"Never Ava Clearwater."

I thrash my arms hoping to hit him somewhere it'll hurt, but I'm unsuccessful. He's stronger than me, I can't win the battle.

"My stomach!" I laugh, attempting to curl up into a ball, completely out of breath.

He stops tickling me and brings up both hands to cup my face. He wastes no time before going in for a kiss. It grows passionate quickly. God Thank you for Luke Hemmings.

I play with the little hairs on the back of his neck as it begins to heat up, my heart beating faster and faster.

"I'm sick." I laugh, taking a breath.

"Do you think I care?" He asks before reconnecting our lips. His taste is familiar to me now, and it feels comfortable kissing him like this. It feels right.

He slips his hands under the hem of my t shirt, taking me by surprise. I don't resist as he tests my boundaries, slowly feeling up until he reaches the strap of my bra.

I back away from his lips to take my shirt completely off. It comes off with ease and I go right back to kissing him, immediately missing his lips.

"You're so beautiful." He tells me, as he begins to leave little kisses around my neckline.

I've never been this revealed in front of any guy before. I can't help but feel exposed, and I'm not even naked. I'm pathetic.

"I'm tired." I sigh as he leaves a little kiss on my jawline. It's not a complete lie.

"Me too." He smiles tiredly, his eyes a shade of red that I didn't notice before. He plops back down on the mattress, staring up at the ceiling. "I'm dreading tomorrow."

"Why?" I ask snuggling up to him, deciding to leave my shirt off. Maybe it'll make me more comfortable. Gotta get comfortable being uncomfortable, right?

"8am interview, 9am signing, 12 lunch, 1 studio, 6 dinner, 8 show." He sighs, wrapping his arm around me, making me immediately more comfortable.

"8am? It's already like 2 you should sleep." I say, drawing circles on his chest over his plain black tank top.

"If I go to sleep now it'll all come too soon. I want to prolong tomorrow a little bit longer." He sighs.

I never thought about that. How busy their lives are. It has to get exhausting after a while, it can't always be fun and games when you're shuffled around with an intense schedule all of the time.

"And I won't get to spend any time with you." He looks at me.

"I'll have to fly back around lunch tomorrow." I say, creating a spiral now. "My brother is in town for the weekend and I promised my parents Id spend time with all of them."

"Then I really don't want to go to sleep." He says softly.

"I wish I could just travel with you." I sigh, thinking out loud again.

"Then why don't you?"

"School... Family... Responsibilities..." I list. Chemotherapy. But I don't say that.

"Can you visit me again this Wednesday? I know it's a school day and everything but I have a whole day off. No interviews or shows. Nothing." He smiles, I can tell he's looking forward to it.

That's my first day of chemo. Shit.

"I can't." I say disappointed. "Too much going on this week."

"Maybe I could visit you?" He offers.

That would probably be just as bad. There would be no way of hiding my disease then. Like oh hey brb I have to go to the hospital. There's no way to skirt around it.

"Yeah that works." I say surprising myself. Woah what did I just say?

"Can't wait." He kisses my forehead before closing his eyes.