C H A P T E R 28

~ Personal Vendetta ~

I remember my mother once told me that when you love somebody it's a blessing and a curse.  She said that when a love between two people is so authentic, the universe will try to detach the two lovers from each other by any means possible.  It's the love between them is what makes their relationship so strong.  That's exactly what it felt like between Wyatt and I.  We wanted to love one another unconditionally but there were outside forces that were opposed to our undeniable love.

"Davina," I heard somebody stiffly say removing me from my thoughts.

I turned my head and noticed Wyatt had been trying to get my attention while our luggage was being loaded onto the airplane.

"Umm sorry, yes?" I said feeling my cheeks heat up from embarrassment.

"Are you okay?  If you're having second thoughts, it's not too late for you to stay here," he said placing his hand on my arm as his facial features softened.

"No, I haven't changed my mind.  I was just thinking about something," I replied giving him a reassuring smile.

"I want you to meet a few people," he said grabbing my hand and nodding his head towards a group of men.

We walked towards the group and they stopped their conversation when they noticed Wyatt and I approaching.

"This is Davina," Wyatt said introducing me to the young group of men that varied in sizes.

"Davina, this is Luke, William, Henry, Riley, and Reed," Wyatt said pointing to each one of them individually as he said their names.

"They are going to be protecting you with their lives," he finished and they all smiled and nodded their heads in agreement.

"I can't ask them to risk their lives for me," I quietly said turning my head to face Wyatt.

"The Tedesco's have a personal vendetta against all of us.  It's our privilege to try and assist Wyatt in stopping them for good," one of the men spoke and I think his name was Reed.

I slightly smiled at his comment as I noticed the other men agreeing with Reed, and Wyatt motioned for me to board the plane.  This plane was much larger than the one we flew on to our trip to Greece but a lot more people were coming with us this time.

Once we were secured in the plane, the pilot told us that we were about to take off.  I felt my heart vaguely drop when I heard the announcement.  I know I told Wyatt to take me with him and I'm glad he agreed, but it was also nerve-wracking at the same time.

I sat towards the back of the plane to allow the men to speak in private.  I looked out of the window and watched as the city I called my home, disappeared into the thick clouds as the plane ascended higher into the sky.

"Tedesco Commerce has done some form of damage to all our lives," I heard somebody say to the cluster of men.

"We aren't going to Italy to fight them," I heard Wyatt speak.

"The point is for us to earn our freedom from their company," he continued.

"I understand that but Ivano Tedesco is a cruel man.  You don't expect him to just forget about the trade deals we helped him with," one of the men spoke.

I didn't want to hear any more of the talk, so I got up to try and find the bathroom.  Towards the back of the plane, there were only two doors and one of them was labeled 'restroom'.  I guess this plane didn't have a bedroom as the other one did.  I slid the door open to the bathroom and stepped inside, closing it behind me.  I sat on the closed lid of the toilet and buried my hands in my face.